Notices

Q-tips

Old 04-26-2005, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Q-tips

I am new at this. I have a teen-age daughter who I caught using Meth a year ago and thought it had been resolved. Now I am finding Q-tips with black on both ends. Does this mean something?
Old 04-27-2005, 03:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I dont know the answer to your question but i just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum.

So, hello and welcome.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
This catz gone wild!!!

I thought about it, and thought (just thought) that it might be resin from cleaning out a bowl or bong (to smoke pot in). Not 100% sure, but its an idea anyways. I have seen people use swabs to clean out pot parafenalia. For your sake and your daughter's I hope that's not it.

Jaz
Old 04-27-2005, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think Jazpoppy might be right... I had never even seen pot until I met my present husband, who had addiction issues with it... and I would find q-tips like that, too, from him cleaning out his pipe. I hope for your sake there's some other explanation, though...

best to you,
anne
Old 04-27-2005, 11:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Qtips can be used as a filter when injecting drugs with a needle. If this is the case, you may find bent or burnt or missing teaspoons.

Lori
Old 04-27-2005, 02:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Equally your daughter may just be using the Q tips to do her make-up. I dont know but i believe if you have reason for concern it will be clear soon enough. Must be a real hard situation to deal with as a mother.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good point, Evanna!
But I do sympathize... My poor mother raised 3 addicts. She can spot a 'cap' from a needle, a blood spotted cotton ball, a missing spoon, or a credit card with powder on it a mile away. So sad...
Old 04-28-2005, 01:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

The q-tips probably are from cleaning a pipe and if they are then you've caught it pretty quick or atleast I think you did because I used q-tips when I was an ameture pothead, There are much better methods to it, and you should have her drug tested because it'll ruin her as it did to me....I was smoking a QP a week at one point it can consume people's lives and especially since she was on meth u need to have her drug tested.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

phxlady1387 I was a meth user for aproximately a year, for 8 years previous my drug of choice was marijuana. Meth users use Q-tips to clean out glass pipes ( given they smoke the meth ) so My guess would be yes the black ended Q-Tips are a result from cleaning a glass pipe used for meth.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

if she is smoking a psuedo ephedrine based meth it will burn bkack. just a thought, it isn't makeup is it?
why don't you ask?
Old 05-06-2005, 12:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phxlady1387
I am new at this. I have a teen-age daughter who I caught using Meth a year ago and thought it had been resolved. Now I am finding Q-tips with black on both ends. Does this mean something?
if its tar-ry and sticky, thick black, its probley resin from smoking weed.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

qtips black stuff

i am new to this forum and a mother of a daughter 20-- i need Help with..but wanted to comment on this black stuff and qtips...my daughter was using blue pills to snort i guess she burns the stuff on reynolds wrap and then snorts ??the black is all over the reynolds wrap....now we are finding qtips
with black on them and now red stuff we dont know what to do or what shes doing?? she has no health insurance neither do i and cant afford to take her
anywhere she wouldnt go either...any help thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 08:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FT

I don't know the answer to your question, but when I was questioning someone's drug use a few years ago, the local drug hotline was very helpful to me. You can talk to them anonymously, and they are always free.

If you Google "crisis line" for your city, you will find some numbers. If not, lots of people can help you find stuff by coming on here.

Just wanted you to know this is a thread from 2005. There is nothing wrong with that, but I wondered if you wanted to start your own new thread? Any ideas, folks who know more than I do about this?

FT
Old 04-25-2011, 09:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
polyaddicted cocanut

I used to use that for cleaning out my glass from smoking weed... but it could possibly be from smoking meth too, not sure if it leaves a black residue
Old 03-31-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phxlady1387 View Post
Yes, it unfortunately means she is smoking meth out of a pipe. The qtip is small enough to get inside the pipe to clean it.
I'm sorry
Old 03-31-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Mmauldy

just so you know, this thread is from 2005

D