It keeps happening!

Old 05-28-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It keeps happening!

Hey all, I've posted in the Alcohol section once in the past but my fiancé is currently taking Antabuse so he CANT drink. This has led to a drug relapse. If I'm to be honest it's really just a continuation of him substituting one substance for another. This started over a year and a half ago but Over the past 5 months it's gone from heroin/meth to large amounts of alcohol. Then starting on the Antabuse it's gone from the liquor to getting a script for Norco twice, buying Klonopin off the street, a Dilatud*sp and now last week Oxys. I knew about everything except the Oxy, when he got those the lies started but I saw the effects and was suspicious and confronted him, begging for honesty and he lied to my face for 8 days straight and only admitted using when I told him I was picking up a drug test. He admitted that he used and lied but said it was only once at the beginning of the week, that same day I found his pen and foil in his pocket so I know it was continuing. He has stated that he wants to stop using (again) and that he is going to be honest about any slip ups, of course he is a liar so I don't believe any of this. I'm expecting his child, due in 4 months. I don't really have a plan except seeing how he does day by day. If/when he has another relapse he's out. I won't deal with him being high in my house again. I have no faith things are going to change so here Iam just reading all these posts and hoping to gain some strength and insight on how everyone else copes in situations like this. I've already invested in the Codependent no more workbook and I do attend Therepy. I'm making plans for the delivery of my baby with him in the picture and with out him, gathering support from friends and outside sources. I don't really know what else to do....
Old 05-28-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like you're doing everything you can.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Protect yourself and your baby at all costs, yes? Being able to focus on your child is too important to risk to the chaos of addiction.

Sending you a hug.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your doing good taking care of yourself and the baby.
Many here understand and are here for you.
Keep reading and take good care of yourself.
Praying for you
TD
Old 05-28-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sad to say but it is best you assume he will NOT clean up and be the partner/dad you wish or hope him to be. he hasn't really given you any reason to believe differently.

you don't need this distraction right now. i can't quit tell if you live together or not. might be best to have him go elsewhere.

take care of you and the baby to be.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, Blackbird. Welcome. Sorry this is happening.
I think it is probably safe to say that your partner is far, far away from sobriety and recovery.
Might be time, if you haven't already, to go to plan B.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a pain, Blackbird. It's tough to go through this in any scenario, but being pregnant has to make it even harder. This is a situation in which a father is required to be an adult, but it doesn't sound like he's near that mindset. You and your baby would be better off with you as a single mom than with a drug-addicted father being a stress on everything. You don't need him behaving like an extra child right now.