Notices

I am drinking

Old 05-26-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am drinking

I am on my 2nd beer tonight and do not plan on having anymore. I need to stay the course I don't want to go back. It is way to hard to make that first day. I can't go on drinking and five years later look back about how I stopped once for 4 months.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Dump out whatever you have left Sammy - it's not worth the pain and humiliation you'll feel tomorrow. Coming here was a good idea...get rid of the alcohol and stick with us.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Drop it Sammy. You will regret it. Two leads to three and it doesn't stop. Put the beer down and go something to occupy your time and mind. Please
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is gone but I feel very upset with myself. It scares me.
  # 5 (permalink)  

Scott is very right. Seriously.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Whats done is done but no more. Do you have any projects or anything youve been working on lately?
Old 05-26-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am not working on anything at the moment. I had a really stressful week but sometimes I think that may just be an accuse. I have been doing really well and love the feeling of being sober. I always try to play that awful tape from beginning to end and that has helped. I just wasn't able to pass the craving today. In the beginning it seemed easier, is it normal to get hard again after 4 months
Old 05-26-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you poured it out Sammy.

Maybe it's time to toughen up your plan a little.? work out things you can do when you want to drink again?

D
Old 05-26-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sometimes I would tell myself I'm not drinking today. Then something would make me upset or stressed and that was the only exuse I needed and boom. I've only been sober 3 days so I'm def no pro but I do know what alcoholics like myself need. Any and every exuse lol. You'll be fine. It's really good u stopped when u did and u feel guilty. That's a good sign but be strong and no more. If you have any beers left dump em out.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Sammy,

You sound like you are "kindled" and also suffering from "PAWS."

imo....It takes over a year to start to break free.

If you are on meds, I have no idea how long it will take to start to normalize.

Great job on stopping at less than 2 beers. I don't think that is enough to "re prime" your brain.

I don't think you will suffer any after shock at all.

I vote you still have 4 months clean...keep going.

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well I can't really dump them out. My husband is a drinker so there is always something in the house to drink. I can't make him stop just because I am but I did notice it has made him think more about his own drinking. I just know I do not want to go back to where I was. I need to become the person I was before. Thank you all for your reply's I am going to bed now and will just keep going again tomorrow because I need to.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. I am not on med's.
I am not sure what paw's is but I have heard of it on this forum and I will look it up.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Where are you based? I'm sure you can do it. Stay stron
Old 05-26-2017, 09:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Sammy,

Glad you stopped, and checked in here. You can definitely do this.

I have 17 months sober now and this site has been my greatest support. My husband still drinks beer every night, I was never really a beer drinker, but it was still difficult in the beginnning, or maybe it annoyed men more than anything else. However, I started making plans to do other things in the evening, went for walks, to the gym, did things with the kids, read lots, and spent time on here.

It really does get easier, my husband drinking no longer annoys me. I would like to see him stop completely as well, but that is his journey, and he will need to make that decision.

I am so much healthier physically and mentally. You can do this!!!

❤Delilah
Old 05-26-2017, 09:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Sammy1980 View Post
Thank you Dee. I am not on med's.
I am not sure what paw's is but I have heard of it on this forum and I will look it up.
Hi Sammy I didn't mention meds or Paws. That was D122y

Paws is like the return of withdrawal symptoms a little ways down the track.

Not everyone gets it, and I'm not sure if it applies here, but this is a good link about it.

http://digital-dharma.net/post-acute...r-immediately/

Although for some people medicine might be a part of things, a recovery plan is not necessarily medicine based.

Only you and your Dr can discuss that.

This is what I mean by recovery plan:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html

D
Old 05-27-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sammy1980 View Post
I am not working on anything at the moment. I had a really stressful week but sometimes I think that may just be an accuse. I have been doing really well and love the feeling of being sober. I always try to play that awful tape from beginning to end and that has helped. I just wasn't able to pass the craving today. In the beginning it seemed easier, is it normal to get hard again after 4 months

Yep. It's just an excuse.

I've had tons of stressful weeks in sobriety. I didn't drink over them. In fact, I dealt with them far better by not drinking.

Maybe this is a sign for you... signaling a need to take actions to better cope with stress and actions to help address the sources of your stress.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Actually if you can stop with 2 beers is ok but as a alcoholic i know that 2 beers never enouf its become 10 15 easly. It why i do not enjoy 2 beers.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I have about 4 months also and strangely have found the cravings increasing, as of late; but work has been more stressful, and that was always a trigger to drink. So I take that thought, picture myself picking it out of my brain, and throwing it out the window as I'm driving home. Basically, I have found nothing is more important to me than my sobriety. Cravings be damned!