Old 06-10-2018, 05:23 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again Argi

D
Old 06-25-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Hi mighty March Ninjas!

Got 15 days under my belt and slipped. And then a couple more times until now. So feel I needed to post to get myself on better accountability footing.

I feel like I let not only myself down, but my Ninjas peeps, too. You guys are really an inspiration for me because you've gotten so much continuous sober time under your belts and I feel like I just post and say, "pssst, hey there, me again, Day 1 again."

But I guess that's why SR is here, and that I should hold onto the fact that since I joined in March 2017 my drinking days have been reduced by 50 percent. And that I just put 15 continuous days together for the first time in more than a year.

I think it was the lead up to the anniversary of Argus's passing that tripped me up. For me, it's sort of another level of saying goodbye, having gone through four seasons and thinking in each one of the memories at those times. And now, reconciling that he's been gone a whole year, and, well, he's not coming back.

So the anniversary of our farewell to him is now my new sobriety date: June 25, 2018.

Just posting and writing (and crying a bit) helps. I really need to get better at the letting-myself-cry thing. I always feel so much better afterward.

OK, coach, I think I'm ready. Put me back in.

p.s. The Argus avatar has been retired for now. In choosing my new one, I came across something I found when our thread was more active, and it made me laugh! So for now I'm going to be wacky ninja. Hi-ya!
Old 06-25-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

My new Ninja self needs to learn how to read a calendar. Yesterday was the anniversary of sweet Argus's goodbye, and my new hello to resuming the march. So as corrected:

• June 24, 2018

Going to get some coffee now...
Old 06-26-2018, 04:35 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Argi, your class seems to be a quiet one. Why don't you pop in to in March 2013? The people there are phenomenal and have saved my life a couple of times. We're always open to new people. And hey! You're already a Marcher.

Tell em the turtle sent you.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Argi, great job on reaching 15 days! Please commit to 30 this time, post every day and commit to sobriety. If you feel the urge, use your sober arsenal to say NO. Start a thread and ask permission to drink. You can do this!

JimiC (formely JC-NY)

Oh, cute new avatar!
Old 07-05-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Hey Ninjas, it's been a minute as the kids say. Just want to say hi. I'm doing well, coming up on 16 months in a few days. Feeling a little "bleh" every now and then but I'm using that as wake up calls to get my head to prioritize sobriety more and avoid being complacent. I suppose now that I'm not constantly focused on the not drinking, I'm still learning how to live again while juggling a ton of responsibilities. Making "me" time can be difficult. But all in all, I feel so much better and have learned to accept myself and those around me way better than I ever have.
Old 07-05-2018, 08:37 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

HI Argi! How are you? I'm frequent in the Feb. 2018. And proud to say I'm 138 days sober. It's a bitch at first girlfriend. Do this with me Argi!!! Check in you wacky Ninja!
Old 07-05-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BetterIsBetter View Post
Hey Ninjas, it's been a minute as the kids say. Just want to say hi. I'm doing well, coming up on 16 months in a few days. Feeling a little "bleh" every now and then but I'm using that as wake up calls to get my head to prioritize sobriety more and avoid being complacent. I suppose now that I'm not constantly focused on the not drinking, I'm still learning how to live again while juggling a ton of responsibilities. Making "me" time can be difficult. But all in all, I feel so much better and have learned to accept myself and those around me way better than I ever have.
This is so cool we are bringing back our Ninjas! Wow 16 months what an inspiration. I remember when I got to 18 months and then thought I could handle the drink again... Wrong.. here I am at 138 days. But that's o.k. It takes lots of trial and error. I'm happy to see your BIB!
Old 07-05-2018, 09:08 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

I was wondering about you BIB, so glad you checked on. I’m very happy for you man, keep rocking sober!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
This is so cool we are bringing back our Ninjas! Wow 16 months what an inspiration. I remember when I got to 18 months and then thought I could handle the drink again... Wrong.. here I am at 138 days. But that's o.k. It takes lots of trial and error. I'm happy to see your BIB!
Thanks sunshine for sharing that and huge congrats on 138 days!
Old 07-06-2018, 08:47 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimiC View Post
I was wondering about you BIB, so glad you checked on. I’m very happy for you man, keep rocking sober!
Thanks my man. Great to see you and the other Ninjas up to good things.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshine72 View Post
... It's a bitch at first girlfriend. Do this with me Argi!!! Check in you wacky Ninja!
sunshine, you could have uttered no truer words! I always love that you say it just how it is.

I've been in a "few days on, few days off" cycle ever since I slipped after hitting super spectacular sixteen! And it is starting to become more on, which scares me. My 16 days and any other real progress forward was when I just took drinking totally off the table, for pain relief or for "social" drinking (it's hard to believe I ever drank socially...) So it's back to that as my umbrella strategy.

I am going for 30 JimiC, starting today. I'm already planning on how I am going to navigate two upcoming trips in that time, where the pain levels usually ramp up from traveling, accompanied by the anxiety of being with family, both mine and my husband's (one trip each).

trach, I may take you up on that offer to be-bop over to March 2013. My home Ninjas are close to my heart, but I think this time around I'm going to need all the help I can get (and like I said, I'm not much of a forum poster; did Weekenders for a time but as people shifted it didn't seem the right fit for a bit). Maybe try them again too. But first I'll drop on by March 2013 to see if the door's open and will definitely say the turtle sent me!

BiB! Another Ninja drop by! I love our group. 16 months. Wicked.

You guys remain inspirational. sunshine, 138 days is phenom. I will do this with you, if you promise you'll look back on the road and send me a wave, or an air kiss, or even better, a throwing star (heavily wrapped in bubble wrap...)
Old 07-11-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Come on over. Marchers of all years welcome.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:44 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Hi All, just popping in to wish you all a Happy Christmas (before I forget).

Still on the wagon and as surprised as anyone that AA has been the keel against the storms in sobriety
Old 12-12-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great to hear NapsteR
Happy Holidays

D
Old 03-08-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  

It has been quite a while fellow Marchers. I just want to say hello and that I hope you are all are doing well. I just celebrated 2 years on 3/6. AA has truly worked/continues to work for me.

Thinking of you Ninjas and hope that you're well.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Administrator

wow congrats betterisbetter

D
Old 03-09-2019, 03:56 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 years BIB!!! Long live the ninjas!
Old 03-23-2020, 06:31 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

3rd birthday just rolled around, hope everyone on here is doing well during these trying times
Old 03-23-2020, 04:09 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on 3 years napsteR

D