Notices

Alone and scared, I don't want to drink anymore

Old 12-04-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Lulu!! I’m glad to hear from you!! Keep fighting, you will get free! Being here or at AA or someplace with others committed to sobriety is important. Getting sober alone is very hard, but success happens when you keep your head on straight and for me that meant being on SR. Still does.....I guess that is why I’m still here. Being around others keeps my attitude right. Exercise helps my depression symptoms a lot. Certainly quitting alcohol made me a lot more stable that way. Inhave a lot less manic ups and downs. You’re a beautiful person and you will bloom beautifully as sober time goes by! I’m glad you are here.
Old 12-15-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

This is certainly challenging.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuluBread View Post
I feel like I am going to die from alcohol abuse. I couldn't go to work today and I'm praying I don't get fired. I'm very sick and need help.
You aren't alone...... Go to the hospital. I know how you're feeling....go get some help. They'll get you through the night at least. With some Ativan. Calms your nerves....relaxes you....then they'll see if you need any other medical help from there. Maybe you should look into rehab. In-patient. I'm here for you. My name is Erik. I've been exactly where you are right now.... I wish I could help you more. Don't try to withdrawal on your own.... Okay?? Please....
Old 12-16-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

LuluBread..... how are you today ?
Old 09-12-2018, 09:27 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Day 7, again...for the third time. Day 1-3 were bad, loaded with panic and anxiety. Day 6 I felt extremely tired and fatigued. Today, starting to feel the edge dissipating. Got the alcohol gut....really bad. Been working out this time around. Seems to put me in better spirits a bit. Just an FYI, I began this thread back in 2017. Got some good sober months in twice, each time thinking I could have that one glass of wine with dinner. It just cannot happen without getting sucked into weeks or months of daily non-stop drinking. So, I am convinced by experience that trying to be a "normal" drinker will never happen for me. The anxiety and panic....and the destruction along the way from alcohol is just not worth that one glass of wine that I think I can drink and get away with it without consequences.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:08 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuluBread View Post
Got some good sober months in twice, each time thinking I could have that one glass of wine with dinner. It just cannot happen without getting sucked into weeks or months of daily non-stop drinking.
Yup, I was coming up to four years sober and thought I could go and have some beer like a normal person. Two years later I am on day 8 - I find it quite amazing how long I can kid myself I will definitely give up 'tomorrow'

We can do this Lulu!
Old 09-13-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

True acceptance of the impossibility of "just one or two" seems to be the common theme around here for successfully quitting drinking. Sometimes, I think of it as a lifetime limit: I've had my share, actually more than my share, of alcohol, thanks. I'm full now.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:11 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Hi LuluBread!
With each relapse the relapses get worse. More difficult to deal with. So work hard to make sure this is the last one! Good luck!

W.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:23 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Lulu you can do this I know it. hold this great group tight. scream here and you will be heard. hugs and prayers ardy
Old 09-13-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  
sober style

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
True acceptance of the impossibility of "just one or two" seems to be the common theme around here for successfully quitting drinking. Sometimes, I think of it as a lifetime limit: I've had my share, actually more than my share, of alcohol, thanks. I'm full now.
Beautifully put, Arpeggioh. That's it exactly.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes, that is it.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
Beautifully put, Arpeggioh. That's it exactly.
I agree.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

What is uplifting is that feeling when you don’t drink and the bottle doesn’t win. A day, an evening, an event, a stressor.... facing it and leaving the bottle behind.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:00 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arpeggioh View Post
I keep coming back to your message here. Apparently since my first post, that "just one or two" got me back to day 3 again. 2 years 7 months of on and off again since then. I'm done.
Old 10-11-2019, 01:12 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I was the same for a long time.

I now know and accept that it is the FIRST drink that does the damage and it is only the FIRST drink I have to stay away from. If I don't take the first drink I don't set off the allergy. The phenomenan of craving. Which causes me to want to drink more and more and more. It is insatiable!! Hence 1 is too many, 1000 is never enough.

Welcome back x