It happened

Old 04-26-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Yeah, I had about a month that I was with the x - both of us knowing I was leaving. The first 3 weeks he was the ass of the world. Then the last week before I left he was prince charming. that lasted a couple weeks, then back to his old self. Then he panicked again and sobered up and was sweet. It lasted 2 months that last time. I could bet hes going to try everything in his power to get you to stay - I agree with the others...be prepared. Hoping for a speedy end of it for you and the kiddos!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Here's a trigger. My daughter wrote an assignment sentence. "The two people that are inseparable are my mom and dad because they are my best friends." Ugh. I know it's my decision but this doesn't make it easy.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I suggest you think of all the times the kids cry because he is abusing them, or you. It's kinda like focusing on one day when he's "not so bad" or even "nice." It isn't the whole picture.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

My daughter wrote an assignment sentence. "The two people that are inseparable are my mom and dad because they are my best friends."
In her life she may feel that these two people are inseparable from her and her life because she feels they are her best friends. Separation, divorce may not change that for her, she may still want to remain close to both.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

HH, I agree with Atalose. Just because you all may no longer live under the same roof in the future doesn't mean that he ceases to be your kids' father.

IDK. It was hard, yes; DS was 4 when I moved out. It was an adjustment, but DS did so much better once we were out from under the same roof as AXH. When we were still together, DS was so very quiet. I'd say that about 98% of the time it was like he was just huge blue eyes hiding behind my legs, or the sofa, or the corner just watching. Once we were out on our own for a while, he played more - without looking over his shoulder to see if it was OK *today*; he was loud and goofy. He laughed and teased. He ran around. He climbed and jumped and... He PLAYED. I don't think I'm explaining it well, but the change was huge; it was amazing.

It's not to say we didn't have hard days, we did. We had days when DS decided he didn't want to stay for a sledding party because the other kids' dads were there sledding with them and AXH wasn't around. We had nights of him crawling into my bed to cry because he missed his dad. But we also had days that we'd spend laughing, just the 2 of us or with friends.

So, the dichotomy is there. He loves his dad. He always will. He's also afraid of his dad. He may outgrow that; I suspect he will as we get more and more time to heal -- and as he gets bigger and AXH no longer towers as a giant over him. All I can say about my decision to leave is that I know now, without a doubt, it was the right one for us. We don't tiptoe around on AXH's bad days and we don't spend the good days waiting for the other shoe to drop. Both DS and I get to live as ourselves and not as shadows waiting to see how AXH is before we do anything.

(((hugs))) hang in there.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

OT Mother's Day

STBXH asked me to buy his mother a mother's day card for him. She dislikes me and hasn't bought me a card in years. I told him no. I think it's so insensitive. I can't imagine going down the card isle let alone reading each card to find just the right one. I've been sad all day. I guess I just needed to vent and keep up the strength and find happiness for mother's day.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

It *is* insensitive, and frankly immature. But that is who he is.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Good grief... is he trying to force sentiment or something? I find that manipulative and offensive of him to even GO there! Idiot.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
STBXH asked me to buy his mother a mother's day card for him.
Are you still WITH this guy??????????
Old 04-30-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
Are you still WITH this guy??????????
He can stay in the house until June 1st.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
He can stay in the house until June 1st.
Yuck. Sorry about that. He'll be ramping (the Hoover) big time for the next month. Don't get sucked back in.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

He can't be bothered to buy a card for his own mother? He's got to delegate that task to his STBXW?

What a jerk.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

You said NO. That is what counts.

Hugs.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

It must be so hard to be living under those circumstances hearthealth xxx hope you manage to get as much time away from him as possible, start some new routines to begin living your own life. Take Care
Old 05-01-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good job saying no to something you don't want to do.

Good grief, they have gall sometimes!!

30 days, HH - YOU CAN DO THIS!!