Notices

Just Checking in Tonight

Old 03-27-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just Checking in Tonight

I'm at about 48 hours, and by some strange coincidence, I got stomach "flu" the day after my drinking binge (Friday night and all day Saturday). So it's been a rough couple of days, but I have been staying hydrated and trying to rest as much as possible with a 2 1/2 year old home with me for several days. Our routine is a little off, but hopefully will be back to work and school tomorrow, only missing today. I have felt weak most of the afternoon and evening, and my anxiety has come back full force tonight. I'm just folding laundry now and I did get some light cleaning done today. Wasn't able to go on our walk though because of having upset stomach and also rainy weather most of the day. We had a late nap, but I had to sleep when I could because we were up sick half the night last night. I'm going to need Benadryl and/or sleepytime tea tonight to sleep (hopefully). Hope you all are doing well. I feel like such a useless person sometimes, just sitting around reading and writing and resting, not really being productive or getting anything accomplished. But I also value the extra time together just taking it easy with my little one. Right now, I'm just "letting go" and not going to make myself feel guilty for not being "go go go" all the time. It's ok to rest and work on myself too.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There is not anything to accomplish other than getting yourself better. Dishes, laundry and housework are always go to be there. It really never leaves, ya know? Sorry to hear that you have been sick but its good to hear you have been sober. Take care of you. Rooting for you!
Old 03-27-2017, 09:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
There is not anything to accomplish other than getting yourself better. Dishes, laundry and housework are always go to be there. It really never leaves, ya know? Sorry to hear that you have been sick but its good to hear you have been sober. Take care of you. Rooting for you!
That is very true. I can do some more housework once I'm feeling better. Just taking things one day at a time. Thank you for the encouragement.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there Bronzie!
Old 03-28-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not drinking- then stomach stuff, including the chucks. Anxiety, not sleeping- maybe dehydration. Maybe see a doc.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hydration and eating what you can tolerate are important. My stomach rebelled a bit in the first couple of days - probably saying, "what the heck ? No alcohol ?" Seriously, your physical self is important right now too - If you're taking care of your basic physiological needs, the rest will seem less dire.

Stay strong and stay connected !