Notices

No sleep. Sweating. Anxious

Old 03-20-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No sleep. Sweating. Anxious

Sweating , hot , cold and unable to get comfortable. Mind racing. Severe anxiety. Nausea. I slept all of one hour last night. Ive actually never been in this place physically before.
Im waiting for the Dr office to open. I need to go and be honest and get this tackled.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Going to see the Doc is a very good idea Mizzuno. I withdrew on my own many times but the last time I did it things went a lot worse than they ever had in the past....glad to hear you are being safe.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too withdrew on my own many times. The first few days are the worst. Try and stay hydrated, eat when you can and just take it easy.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thinking of you and sending positive thoughts!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mizzuno, I'm glad you're seeking help. Please know you have our support and I encourage you to continue.

I tried to remember, I was one day/night closer to reclaiming my life. That mindset made my misery a little easier to bare. It doesn't last forever and the outcome is worth it.

You can do this!
Old 03-20-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The first night was the hardest for me and scared the crap out of me. That was 24 hours after my last drink and I thought I was losing it. I couldn't think, I was hallucinating, shaking, hot, cold, laughing, crying, no sleep, I felt like a total freak. All I knew was I won't drink that night, no matter what. I clinged to that thought, it was the only way to get me out of that hell.

You're doing the right thing! And asking your doctor for help is always a good idea.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I cant get into the doctor. No availability.
Ill wait for them to call. Maybe sometime this week I can get in.
Im so damn ashamed.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

If you have medical concerns go to the ER - it's nothing to be ashamed of. They have seen it many times over and they can help.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

There's certainly nothing to be ashamed of.

Best of luck to you.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Do you think you need to go to the ER? Are you able to hold down water? Are you vomiting? Please don't hesitate to go if you think it's necessary. They may give you valium or librium and something for sleep.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mizzuno, waiting for the dr to call if an appointment comes open is kind of giving away your power. I agree with the idea of going to an ER or do you have a walk-in clinic in your area? You are ready to take this on, so keep moving forward. Take care of yourself.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soupcon View Post
Do you think you need to go to the ER? Are you able to hold down water? Are you vomiting? Please don't hesitate to go if you think it's necessary. They may give you valium or librium and something for sleep.
Im holding down water and food. I dont have an appetite though. I will eventually fall asleep sometime today. I dont think I need an ER.
I want to talk with a physician about any damage to my liver and other organs. Also, to get a referral to a psychiatrist. Talk about the possibility of meds for alcoholism.
Ive quit before. Its the "staying quit" that didnt work. Different plan now.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It is rough during the first few days, and the withdrawal symptoms keep getting worse every time. That's good you're getting things in order with the doc and to see a psychiatrist, possibly one that specializes in addiction.
Hang in there, you've got this!
Old 03-20-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Mizzuno, waiting for the dr to call if an appointment comes open is kind of giving away your power. I agree with the idea of going to an ER or do you have a walk-in clinic in your area? You are ready to take this on, so keep moving forward. Take care of yourself.
Thank You, Anna. The nurse did call me and gave me some options. We talked of AA, C St clinic if I needed medical help detoxing. There are not any physicians who specialize in alcohol addiction in the area. The walk in clinic does not help with what I am going through, as I called yesterday. I do have an appointment on the 17th of April. I am for certain that I do not need the ER at this time. I know this anxiousness will pass and I will resume normalcy. I am no longer sweating.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
quat

Glad to hear it is at least a little better.
Planning, preparing , cooking and cleaning up can be good activities to help time pass and push back anxiety from being a sec by sec grind. What's for dinner ?
Old 03-20-2017, 12:11 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good job mizzuno. You said you could keep down food and water, that's a good sign. I'm a strong advocate of FOOD. Water will cycle right through you with no food in system.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
Glad to hear it is at least a little better.
Planning, preparing , cooking and cleaning up can be good activities to help time pass and push back anxiety from being a sec by sec grind. What's for dinner ?
Most likely left over Thai.

I just had lunch with a friend who is talking this through with me. Telling the truth and letting it all out is one of the most freeing feelings. Ive had this dark secret. Ive had this behind closed doors. Ive had this voice saying " WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? YOU CANNOT DRINK! Ive carried on knowing full well, everyday, that I was going to do something detrimental. Ive been scared for 3 years. Hungover for most of three years and when I was not hungover I was certainly about to be. Ive always been scared. This is a lifelong disease. Time went by quickly; those three years.

I am feeling a ton better. Having a support system is so crucial. Everyone needs to be on board. My family and friends need to know how this is life or death. Its my work and I am the only one who can do this but I cant do it alone.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Try passionflower tea and a warm bath. Eat something, anything. Try to sleep. And stop beating yourself up. You can do this, I did and I'm no superhero. Hugs.
Old 03-20-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You are smart to seek medical help. Different people need different types of help. I work in our local ER and we see it all the time. I'm newly sober myself and was all set for a trip to the ER - I was a little worried at one point, but my symptoms eased off after drinking water and eating a little something. Sleeping was difficult, but it has been better too - hang in there !