Notices

Got six days up and messed up

Old 03-02-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

getting drunk is only temporary and wont stop the problem from being there tomorrow. not only that, you deserve to get and stay sober.

so, onto better solutions. why is EX in tbe picture?
Old 03-02-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

That won't solve the problem Sweetichick - and it'll make it less likely for you to find the motivation to solve the problem.

If this galoot is harrassing you., what's the chances of you taking out an DVO or something?

http://www.legalaid.qld.gov.au/Find-...and-harassment

D
Old 03-02-2017, 04:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I put up with him because I only have one other friend. A DVO is on the cards though. He lives straight across the road so not sure how it would work.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

It'd probably work by him not being allowed on your property under threat of arrest?

D
Old 03-02-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I put up with him because I only have one other friend. A DVO is on the cards though. He lives straight across the road so not sure how it would work.
I don't mean to be confrontation but he is your ex for a reason? And if I were fighting with someone constantly it is not someone I would want to have as a friend.

Also it seems that he is causing a lot of conflict in you life.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sweeti - I'm another one who's on your side. You have many friends here who believe in you. Alcohol never calms us or helps us cope - it just adds to our anxiety & keeps us from thinking clearly.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

the great thing is that at this time you dont have to worry or be concerned with how it will work( but basically, break the DVO and go to jail- that simple)-your concern right now should be doing what needs to be done to
1- not drink.
2- protect yourself.

sweetichick, this may be a wee bit harsh, but because you only have 1 other friend(at this time) is an extremely horrible excuse to allow him to continue to be abusive.

imo, its time to put that card that a DVO is on smack dab on the table today.

idk if youve been there, but the f&f of alcoholics forum here is pretty awesome with tons of support and advise.

you deserve recovery and also to not be harassed/abused.
Old 03-03-2017, 02:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. I have been in this situation before and last time spent 2 months in a shelter. It's a tough decision because once you take out a DVO you have to enforce it no matter what. My dad got me to pay all my bills so at least he can't get his hands on a payout I got. Don't know what's going to happen tomorrow up to God and fate I guess.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's up to you too sweetchick.

If you involved the police last time, I think you should do it again.

If you can't not answer the door or the phone can you at least stay at your Dads or a friends tomorrow for example until your mum arrives on Sunday?

D
Old 03-03-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Don't know what's going to happen tomorrow up to God and fate I guess.
im glad to read you believe in God. heres a lil story to think about;

A flood is coming. A neighbor knocks on a man’s door and says, “A flood is coming, you better take this life preserver and get out with me while you can!” The man says, “No, my God will save me.” An hour later, as the flood waters begin to rise, a rescue worker paddles by in a boat. He tells the man, “Get in this boat and ride to safety!” The man again replies, “No, my faith is strong. I know my God will save me.” The waters overtake the house and the man climbs out onto the roof. A helicopter hovers low and drops down a line saying, “Grab hold of this rope and we will fly you to safety!” The man again replies, “I’m fine, my God will save me.” Then the man drowns. When he gets to heaven, he says to God, “I had such faith in you. Why didn’t you save me?” God replies, “I sent you a life preserver, a boat, and a helicopter! What more did you want?

was it the mans fate to drown or did God really want him to live?
Old 03-03-2017, 10:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

perhaps you should strongly consider MOVING?? perhaps even back in with your folks - they seem supportive and helping you manage.

drinking will not solve anything. in fact it's largely responsible for where you find yourself NOW.

when unwanted people show up on our doorstep, banging and demanding to be let in, we call the police. we do not let them in. until you are willing to completely break from your ex, refuse him entry, refuse any money, you will simply perpetuate the current situation.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Your ex boyfriend has no power to make you drink and has no power to stop you from drinking. Only you hold that power. You can use his unrealistic expectations as a reason to drink all you want but I think you know that you'll always find a reason to drink. Find an online group, church group, or this group.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I can't move. I own the house but my parents have too big a cut in it. Gotten rid of my ex for five days ATM. Told him I need recovery time. I haven't lived with my parents for 30 years and they are too old and unwell themselves.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

sweetichick, please hang in, I'm only on day 2 and already feel like drinking but won't, not today, please do this with me! You have 4 more days than I do!