Alcoholic boyfriend dumped me

Old 03-02-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I know, I am looking for a place to move soon. It's just that when we got each of this, we thought we'd marry and he wanted to have kids(never been able to "do it" but yeah) and move to a different country. I can let go off things but those dreams he kept talking about, it's hard to let go. People keep asking where he is and I just have such a hard time telling them we broke up. I burst into tears at the mention of his name.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:29 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

We had a fight over which table to pick. We took two months to decide finally. He has told the guy that he doesn't want anything else from the house but I don't want to keep "his stuff" since he told my father that he paid for everything.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ituvia...yeah, it is miserable to go through....bursting into tears is normal. when I went through my painful breakup, if did it all the time!
find one sentence to say...."It didn't work out". that is all you have to say.
If they persist...just say..."It was for the best".....and, change the subject!
I found it helpful , when people asked questions that were too personal....to say, with a smile...."If you can forgive me for not answering that...I will forgive you for asking".
that stops most everybody......
Old 03-02-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Ituvia....(please excuse my French)...take what you need. Screw him. He took your heart...you are entitled to a damn table....You do not have to curtail to his lies ...to your father, or anybody else.....
Tell your father that he is a liar....and, that he drank the money away.

darling...you need to grow a thick rhino skin.....
Old 03-02-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I don't want anything. If being away from all the stuff can make me miss him less, I am willing to give my stuff away too
Old 03-02-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ituvia View Post
Just realized that most of the material things that I have right now, belong to him. All that I spent was for the booze, to buy household things and for the dogs etc. Technically, I don't own anything. Isn't that nice? I called the helper guy and asked him to take all of this away since I have to move in 10 days and I have no place left to go. Feeling awful.
I'd keep the stuff or he ate and drank and was housed for free. Stuff what people think. It comes under the heading of none of their business. Remember HE dumped you.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
A work in progress

When two people are living together, and commingling their finances, it isn't so significant which person physically paid for which item. If he drank on your money and bought stuff with his, that doesn't mean that the things he bought were bought "by him."

If he claims not to want it, I suggest you keep anything useful that won't be a big reminder of him (are you really going to get misty when you use the same cutlery you shared?), and donate the rest to charity or sell it on Craigslist or whatever.