Stealing my serenity
Stealing my money
Stealing my self respect
Stealing being present- with my kids, my family, my friends, my job
Stealing my dignity
Stealing my ability to enjoy life
Stealing my sleep
Stealing ME.
Stealing my clean house, my bills being paid on time.
Stealing my ability to buy A GODDAMN WASHING MACHINE!!!!!
You've stolen more than your fair share. I am reclaiming it all back. You get Not. A. Single. Thing. More.
You are a greedy, nasty, bullying LIAR.
No more. You've taken enough. And I want it ALL back.

Last edited by Dee74; 02-23-2017 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry for the swearing. But it felt good to type it out. If I could, I'd shout it from my rooftop. But I don't need to add to my current woes haha.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to asterisk one that wasn't picked up.
I hope the vent helped tho
Old 02-23-2017, 01:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great Rant!!!

Beat that MFer down. It's always in the shadows waiting. Get yourself spiritually fit to slap it around like a rag doll.

Good job and keep coming back to vent. We all need to blow off steam now and then.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hope your anger will abate, and pass. I hope you are working a program to help with this. I know that steps 4 and 5 helped me with anger (among dealing with resentments and fears). Being free of my old anger is one of the best gifts of my sobriety.

Hang in there- emotions are not us, and not facts - they are normal to have and how we deal with them is the important part. Take care of yourself.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

August- I am thrilled to have some fire in my belly. For too long I've been apathetic and numb. I feel like I'm waking up and for today, I am glad I feel angry. In fact, I welcome it. Because it means I care about myself and my life.
Am I going to become a resentful ball of rage? No. But today, and heck maybe tomorrow too, I am going to tell my AV to get ******.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Love the tirade.

I was PO'd at my AV for several months, and I think it was helpful for a while. I had been it's lackey for decades and it felt good to stand up to it and fight back. I was on offense for a change, instead of being on defense all the time. (No, no, no, go away and leave me alone, AV, please!)

I've made peace with it, though. Now I view it more like a toddler throwing a tantrum. I might feel a bit exasperated by it, but being angry with it no longer serves any useful purpose. It's an AV. It does the only thing it knows how to do. The rest is up to me.

Keep after that sumbeach as long as it is helpful, though. If it gives you any lip put it in a box and plug it's air hole. You don't have to take crap from it any longer.

noneever>>>><<<<AV
Old 02-23-2017, 06:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great rant! Anger isn't always a bad thing
Old 02-23-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I love it! You have hit on some very important things that alcohol robs us of in life. If it helps to be angry for a while, I say go with it!!
Old 02-23-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Right on....

Let it all out at that little bugger.....

and then TAKE ACTION to ensure the AV doesn't creep back in to win.

Sobriety is a way better life.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noneever View Post
Sorry for the swearing. But it felt good to type it out. If I could, I'd shout it from my rooftop. But I don't need to add to my current woes haha.
Shout it! It's great! Good for you! You see the AV agenda very clearly now. Good luck to your real YOU! Get it all back now! All of it and more!

Bill
Old 02-23-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I feel like I'm waking up and for today, I am glad I feel angry. In fact, I welcome it. Because it means I care about myself and my life.
I agree with that - anger at the thing that has ripped off your life would seem to indicate that you do indeed care. You may find that your AV is immutable, and indisputable, however.

The fusion between self and AV is beginning to break down, but the resultant anger is only a spark. What follows can either be a gradual return into the chains, or a full break -- the definitive awakening.

Am I going to become a resentful ball of rage? No. But today, and heck maybe tomorrow too, I am going to tell my AV to get ******.
What is your plan for your future use of alcohol and other drugs, noneever?

Are you going to indulge again in this lifetime, or are you not?
Old 02-23-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

OMG I can relate.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

"Nonsensical": I agree with you. With sobriety eventually one sees that although it has been describe as the "beast" it's really the toddler, the "child within" and when the alcohol is not provided it sits in its highchair and screams for its bottle. And then when the bottle doesn't come it climbs down, picks up the car keys and drives to the liquor store. Later hides the bottle. Gets another as a backup. Wakes up during the night, starts taking pills. Screaming toddler dragging what remains of the "You" down the slippery slope.

W.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

A GODDAMN WASHING MACHINE!!!!!

my kids, my family, my friends, my job...

You still have alot. Its dangerous without them. I miss me alot too. It's easier than it seems. Lv the post.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
And then when the bottle doesn't come it climbs down, picks up the car keys and drives to the liquor store. Later hides the bottle. Gets another as a backup. Wakes up during the night, starts taking pills. Screaming toddler dragging what remains of the "You" down the slippery slope.
Not to mince words, with you, Good Sir, but my AV can't drive. It has no control over anything except my maladaptive appetite for alcohol. Driving to the store was on me.

Did my persistent alcohol use contribute to my breathtakingly bad decision making? You betcha. But there was never any time that I did not know that I was choosing wrong over right. I knew, but I chose to listen to my adviser in the high chair.

Never again.

I aspire to your long life and sobriety.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
AA Member

a great frickin post!