and east of the Interstate 25 corridor.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY

Widespread accumulating snow with gusty winds is expected
beginning Wednesday night and possibly continuing through early
Friday. There is increasing confidence that significant snow
accumulations will occur across a good portion of southeast
Wyoming. Significant travel impacts are expected Thursday and
Friday.

See that is the fun part. Right now it has to be at least a 70mph blow. Then...once the snow hits...HA get back...so much fun. In a ground blizzard. Can't see the road. Can't see the mile marker posts. Does the cost of living (way low) exceed my need for peace??
Old 02-21-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

whats good about where you live tho? times like that thining about whats good about it or being thankful can save your sanity some.

luckily the weather is transient and it'll blow over in time see what i did there? lol.

I hope youc an remain safe. I would not drive in those conditions i'd go bonkers.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks zjw. I posted because I put in new insulation. Brand new windows. But the howling of the wind is indescribable! I am currently reading a good book about Elizabeth Vargas (20/20) and her struggle with getting sober...will go pick it up and read ...maybe take my mind off of this.

We have Chugwater near by. Odd name but true town...it contains these bluffs. You drive by and think WOW nice reprieve from the wind...well when the bluffs end you drive into the WOOOMPH and it tosses you all over the road. Crazy. I go slow now but it is still so odd to go from no wind...and be hurled into it again.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh and I am a leftover. Worked a good job for years...retired. Kids moved out...got married...in different states. I am still here because of the cost of living is way low. Well...and I have so much sh!t to get rid of and pack. When the kids moved they left cr@p in their closets. Then my mom died and I can't seem to toss her stuff. She would actually be laughing at me from heaven...like TOSS IT OUT! And she left us in 2002 so I need to go thru and toss stuff. I hate it. Will get stuff sorted out and make a decision when the time is right. I have two bird feeders that are blowing in the wind...and the birds ride it like they are on a seesaw at the park. Anyway..off to read.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah the howling wind can be terrifying. i went through a few hurricanes and scared the bageezes out of me everytime.

yeah kids leave and leave there stuff behind but least they got a home to come home too etc..

when people pass its tough. had to go through my grandmothers thigns and grandfathers things. long story short we put it off for a long time as well till we coudlnt any longer its a very hard process. take it a step at a time its all you can do.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have to add this...it is by my home. We see this all the time...Count the blow overs. I don't know what the semis are thinkin. I hate driving around them. I slap my forehead every time...

High Winds Cause Road Closures in Southeast Wyoming [VIDEO]

Video and picture of the dumb sh!ts!
Old 02-21-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I found out they get a fine PLUS a 10,000.00 tow fee. HOLY COW that kills them ignoring high wind warnings so they can meet whatever deadline. NOT TO MENTION the danger it puts on all the people on the interstate. I have seen tipovers before. I stay back enough to pull over. First one side (2 tires on one side) go up and then it rocks ...then BOOM. That is that. Loony ...

http://kgab.com/high-winds-cause-roa...wyoming-video/

I know you know this but click on the High Winds Cause Road Closures to see the picture. It happens all the time..yet still is amazing to see. Never just one blowover. Always several.

The first is from earlier. 2nd picture is from today.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wow, your post read like you were describing my typical drunk week (or more) in simple weather terms.

That is crazy weather you have. Crazier is that is sounds like how my drinking was.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Semi-Professional Philosopher

I don't think I'd even trust driving a vehicle in that!