Notices

How you fill your day

Old 01-11-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I went to my first AA meeting...it did feel good after I did it...thanks everyone!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I fill my days with my critters, especially my two dogs. Walking them is one of my favorite things to do. I also like interacting with my dogs and cats. Talking to them and petting them. It keeps me calm.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It is amazing all the free time we have when we quit, isn't it? I still struggle with filling my days. On my worst days, when I am really so terribly bored and lonely that I fear I might head to the bar or go buy a bottle of wine to quell those emotions I just take a nap. I clean a lot now too to pass the time. In addition, now that I am not drinking, my work is going much better. I give private English lessons and am much more concentrated and thorough now and my referrals are now through the roof, slowly I am filling my days with those which helps pass the time and fill my pocket with extra money.
When my children are with their father I take a bath at night, I put on a facial mask to deep clean my skin and sip on herbal tea. It passes some time, does something good for my skin and relaxes my body and mind.
As for what people think of you, that is for them to worry about. My mother once said something to me that helped. She said it with kindness and love, which is how I say it to you now (and hope it comes across) "do you really think you are so important that everyone spends their time thinking and talking about you?" That is to say, often we worry unnecessarily about gossip and the like, it is usually much worse in our own heads.