Administrator

Welcome am45

D
Old 01-23-2017, 02:00 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Welcome am45, well done on Day 3.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Welcome am and happy birthday Columbus!!! And what a nice surprise with your daughter visiting..that's awesome!!
Pixie, I too am trying the WW points but actually I was thinner when all I did was drink. I found that I didn't eat anything much by I wanted the alcohol to take effect quicker. I would have bottles of and and eventually. Vodka on an empty stomachs for days...sick way to live.
I stuck with wine this past week and I'm starting day 2. I know what o have to do. Off to work soon.
I will try to check in later but we are executing big nor'easter storm. I hope we don't loose power!!!
Sober Monday to all xox
Old 01-23-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Of wine and vodka on an empty stomach..sorry...typing is not my strength
Old 01-23-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Day23. Wecome new team mates. Waking up and reading everyone's posts is one of the highlights of my day. Nice to see many new members. I think many of us feel like we are still partly on day 1, still taking our sobriety day at a time, so you are all very welcome.

I suppose I am currently in the "pink cloud" that others have mentioned. A new word for me. It is a slightly euphoric happiness , feeling healthier and seeing positive changes around me.
In the past, this feeling used to be trigger to "reward" all my hard work with a drink and then see it all F-up.

This time feels very different. So far, taking my journey, or routine, one day at a time and remaining an active, participating part of an SR group has really helped me. Another change has been to not beat myself up so badly over past mistakes and to actively seek out opportunity's of the new day.
Less than a month ago I would wake, shaking, sweating, hating myself and crippled with anxiety attacks.

Best of luck to all of you this week. One more day in our journey. We can do this !
Old 01-23-2017, 04:05 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Recovering

Originally Posted by Sober81 View Post
Day 6 coming to a close, getting a bit bored tbh
I think that is quite common. Suddenly we have lots of spare time that used to be filled with alcohol. And we don't quite know what to do with it!

I'm a bit nerdy so since I stopped drinking I've been learning a new computer language. Even just after 3 weeks it's amazing what I have been able to learn that I just wouldn't have and couldn't have while drinking.

There are so many more satisfying things than drinking, but do give yourself time and space to find the sort of thing you'd like to do. If we drank when we were bored in early sobriety I think few of us would get past the first days and weeks.

And perhaps we all know what it's like when we are used to reaching for a bottle for all sorts of reasons - Bored? Then drink. Sad? Then drink. Celebrating? Then drink. Alone? Then drink. With friends? Then drink. Watching TV? Then drink. Nothing on TV? Then drink.

You can do it Sober81. Now the head is clearing you have time to use for something better than drinking.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Morning class. Happy B Day Columbus!!!. LoveHoops, glad you are here... one day at a time. Am45, welcome... you will find awesome support here.

Monday morning here and quick checkin before getting ready for work. Good to read all of the posts and progress. Not sure what the day will bring, but the only thing we have to do perfect is NOT drink.

Be well everyone. CW
Old 01-23-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

Join us here for part 3:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html

D