Notices

Not getting anything done

Old 10-28-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I think I understand, kevlarsjal. I appreciate that we are all different and have different issues to deal with too.

I agree it's not a race but not drinking has got to be an absolute "no" for all of us trying to achieve sobriety and recovery, which is where I was coming from with my suggestion.

Maybe you could be a little firm with yourself about not keeping alcohol nearby though. I'm a big believer in being firm with myself. It is one of the things I have practiced a lot over the years. There is no-one in my life I am responsible for and no-one to disappoint or let down but myself. No-one to push, cajole, encourage or nag me, but myself. So I like being firm with myself. It reminds me that somebody cares about me .... and that person who cares is the most important person ... me

Anyway I am digressing. I won't say anymore about it because you're right - this is your journey.

You sound like you have come very far in 8 days, too - congratulations.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I inderstand how having alcohol around helps you feel safe kevlarsjal. I also know I couldn't have gone too many days sober if I had immediate access to booze.

Getting sober is a leap of faith - and it's a scary one - but you're not alone...there's a lot of support here.

Don't do things for your AV - it doesn't need or deserve your help.

Do things for you - the real you - the person who wants to change and be sober

Toss the booze out

D
Old 10-28-2016, 04:10 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ive got the same problem. This thread is great. I did a todo list today and are slowly crossing things off. Thanks for posting guys.