Notices

Had a upper gi done

Old 10-28-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
That alcohol is eating at your soft tissues watch the "Rain in my heart" documentaries on YouTube, one girl was throwing up blood and ended up dying, she was only in her 20's
That sounds like esophageal varices. When you scar your liver, you can develop a condition known as portal hypertension (high blood pressure due to resistance to blood flow through the portal vein that runs from your small intestine to liver). Blood is redirected into the smaller blood vessels in your esophagus, and they can rupture leading to a medical emergency and extreme blood loss.

If you drink alcoholically, stop. It only leads to pain and suffering. You don't want to die of liver cirrhosis and its complications.
Old 10-29-2016, 01:47 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
I've had traces of blood in my puke when I puke up straight stomach bile..have for years..I need to truly quit but it's so engraved in my life.
Unfortunately many people quit drinking by dying please do be one of them. Will power is seldom enough. For me it took professional help and AA. The are a lot of resources if you are serious if not then things will just get worse. Alcoholism is progressive it only gets worse never better. We can get off the elevator to hell on any floor we want but many, like myself ride it almost all the way to the bottom
Old 10-29-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by MIRecovery View Post
Unfortunately many people quit drinking by dying please do be one of them. Will power is seldom enough. For me it took professional help and AA. The are a lot of resources if you are serious if not then things will just get worse. Alcoholism is progressive it only gets worse never better. We can get off the elevator to hell on any floor we want but many, like myself ride it almost all the way to the bottom
Sorry, correction - do not be one of them