Notices

Lost and scared

Old 10-21-2016, 08:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome, pattik! I'm older, too. The habits and the AV ( addicted voice) have had a lot of time to percolate for me. My recovery plan includes being in nature, walking daily, meditating, and making things. When I get out of balance, I stumble and waiver with my sobriety. So good to see you here. Dee always sends the link for recovery and action plans. Use it.
Old 10-22-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

The first few days are always the toughest. I think the key is to make sobriety your #1 priority. Once the fog starts to lift, then the work really begins.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pattik57 View Post
Here i go again...trying to stop drinking for what seems like the millionth time. I have all the faith and strength for about 3 days or so and fall back. This time I haven't been able to make it through day one. Been drinking all my life and I am 58. But the past few years have gotten worse. Where is my strength? I am so ashamed and weary. Looking for some answers and some help.
Hi pattik, I'm 58 too. I also drank for years. I would stop and relapse all the time. Just take it one day at a time. Try to make it a week. If you do that, shoot for a month. You can do it! Just put one foot in front of the other for now.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi pattik, you sound just like me! I can go for week without and then end up giving in to the AV. We can do this. I know that I'm fed up with the rubbish I'm putting myself through. No doubt you feel the same. One day at a time!
Old 10-22-2016, 10:07 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good luck Pattik - I also have tried many times previously and failed. This time is massively different and I have got to 30 days and feel stronger, fitter and more determined than ever and probably for the first time after thoroughly reading SR realise just how important having a robust plan is. Never give up. Best of luck