Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 11-03-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I am still here lurking and reading. Day 6 for me Again... so still a bit shaky and anxious especially early of the morning. Reading helps me so much and I always wish I had something helpful to post for someone else but I am just grateful to have all of your posts to read and help me through my days and nights.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

All together...DRINK-ING SUCKS! DRINK-ING SUCKS! DRINK-ING SUCKS!!!!! Feel free to say this all day, no need to attribute source. I hate to be negative, but it really does suck. Let's not drink today guys....
Old 11-03-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hewson, if you keep doing the right thing, I guarantee you that one day you will be thanking your HP that you got this DUI, because it started you on the path to BEING SOBER....our best wishes are with you.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:47 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hewson33 View Post
One hour until court. Nervous as hell, but at least after today I will know exactly what lies ahead of me. No lawyer...just pleading guilty and hoping I can set dates for doing my few days in jail and get ignition interlock device installed on vehicle so I can keep my job.
We know the stress of that. My husband will have to have it for 3 years. Although he deserves it, it sucks nevertheless. Good Luck
Old 11-03-2016, 08:54 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I hope you are ok Howson. It is a shame that you are going through what you are, but as has been said before it may be a good thing in the long run. This sounds perverse but I hope you take in the manner that I intended. I had to go through a bad experience to give me the kick up the backside I needed. I am glad it happened now.
People used to tell me what I had done on a night out and I used to find it funny. What a man. Now I just feel shame and embarrassment at the memories, or more accurately memories told to me after the event.
32 days I think, I am proud of this but have to work hard most days, so in many ways it is day 1 repeated 32 times. I think it is getting easier, but a loooooooong way to go. I still don't feel confident enough to put myself in a situation where I would feel pressure to drink
G
Old 11-03-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi Hewson, I was thinking about you today. If you feel like it, tell us what happened. Whatever it was and no matter how bad, it certainly is no reason to drink. The sun will rise tomorrow.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:38 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Well court is out of the way. Was for DUI 2nd offense. It went as well as I could hope. One year license suspension but will be able to get ignition interlock device installed so I can drive. 6 days in jail but I did get to split it up so I can fit it to my work schedule. 1 year of alcohol classes and the fine/court costs of $915. Working on Day 27 of sobriety though now. Nap, workout, and then movie later. Thanks for all the support everyone.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:49 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

(((hewson))) how are you? This must have been so tough, hats off you've done it!

Looking at the bright side.... congrats for 27 days sobriety!

Really hope you're ok, please post if you need support.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hewson - glad it's out of the way and is manageable at least . Good to hear you so positive about it all.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Winslow - hoping you are ok.
Old 11-03-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi Fortress - I love your sense of humor DRINK-ING SUCKS! I'm with you!

Hi Gifford, I think the same about every day being day 1.
For me it's the presents that counts, every day is a new day and I'm doing my best to look after myself, for the rest of my life. Can't really explain it very well, but because every day is a new day I don't think about the future as a long way to go. Does this make sense?
And I feel like I'm healing now, and it feels bl**dy good!

Please keep going everyone!
Old 11-03-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hewson I'm glad you made it through court and have that part of this behind you. It's great that the jail time isn't going to mess with your job...a bright side of things for sure.

I have my evaluation for treatment tomorrow. I'm very nervous, I'm afraid I will minimize my feelings and end up showing no need for treatment. I'm feeling alot better and have gotten myself into a good routine. I have that "I don't need help, I can do this on my own" attitude. History shows me that I can't. I just need to keep that in my head when I go. Going through a treatment program is certainly not going to do any harm even if I am feeling confident right now.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad thats behind you Hewson
D
Old 11-03-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Obviously my situation is not ideal, but made my bed and I've got to deal with it. Just trying to look on the positive side and take it as a chance to stop drinking and start enjoying life...a sober life.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:11 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Hi all, Hewson I'm glad the court hearing is done for you and a verdict reached. When I lost my license I got a ban for 3 years at the time I was living in the middle of nowhere so it was a really bad situation for me and my family but we got through it and that was 10 years ago now. I should have used that as a new start.

Hope you're all well! I'm 30 (i think) days sober and nicotine free today. Feeling great with no real cravings for either.

I was working in the Middle East for a while but I've been Home in the UK for a few months looking for a new job. Things are looking up and I may have a job in the States, nothing confirmed yet but I'm feeling positive.

Have a great sober day everyone
Old 11-03-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hi Jim - that's good news - about 30 days and the job chance. Good luck with that.
Today will be really busy, skipped past the invite to a beer after work yesterday, was tempted but thought nah, better not.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:13 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html