Notices

Class of September 2016 Part 4

Old 12-30-2016, 08:56 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support SOS and enjoy your night.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Just checking in... Hope you're all well.

Sorry this week has been tough, Martin1. As others have said, you put a stop to things, you're being honest with yourself and you're posting on here - that's strength. It's not easy. I don't really buy into the 'back to the beginning' thing - the weeks of sobriety you built up still "count" and will give you experience to draw on this time. Thanks for checking in with us. I really appreciate hearing how everyone is doing.

Thanks for the yoga tips, Barbs. Will check those videos out. I have very weak hands (RSI from years of terrible typing posture), so will need to ask a yoga teacher for advice about how to adapt some of the poses.

Went for a run today - first time in ages. It used to really help with my mental health, but I've got out of the habit and had various knee issues this year which made things difficult. Only ran about 2 miles, but hope to start building it up again. I really struggle to get my husband to do any exercise and I worry that he's not looking after himself. When my drinking was upsetting him, I often used to say that I would stop drinking when he started exercising... Well - today he surprised me by buying himself a new pair of trainers and tomorrow we are going for a run together!

xx
Old 12-31-2016, 04:46 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Martin so sorry you're struggling. I agree with SOS, you came back after 5 days which is good.

Helen congrats on 70 days!

Bikube 101 days is fantastic. Congrats!

SOS 121 days wow, awesome! I'm just a few days behind you.

I just had a great workout this morning. I'm about to head out to breakfast with my mom and then spend the day helping her with her list of things she needs. I'm sure her list will be long since I usually spend every Saturday with her but haven't the last two weeks.

Tonight my husband and I will have a nice quiet dinner together celebrating the end of the year

Hope everyone enjoys the day! Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  
Administrator

New Year& new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html

May 2017 be everything you wish it to be and more

D