Notices

Week 1...

Old 10-02-2016, 12:03 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elfie312 View Post
Still here 9 days or 8 I don't know it's all blurry let's go with 9!! And no desire to drink. I know that won't last but hoping it does for awhile at least! Going to talk to someone Monday and I can't wait! I feel like everyone is trying to help but stressing me out more telling me what I need to do. Everyone wants to talk about how it made them feel...what about me? How about how I feel? Is that selfish? I mean I have pneumonia and not a single person has asked how I feel. Which I get it , I gave it to myself kinda but still. I just feel like I should be super selfish right now focus and me and my daughter or am I just way off?
Hi Elfie,

Welcome!

Congratulations on Day 9.

I'm Snarly and I am on day 12 myself.

I have read through all of your posts on this thread as well as the great responses from fellow S/R members.

I wanted to reach out because I can really relate to this post. We do care about what you feel and have to say.

I was a wreck when I found this forum. It was days before I felt comfortable posting. Day 6 exactly. I have some medical issues that drove me to get sober the day the Doctor told me.. Bad stuff. Life bad stuff. Body had to tell me to stop.

I relate to your alcohol poisoning - I had stomach pumped once and stayed in hospital for a couple of days. My sister died from pneumonia caused by an overdose.

This is forum is another tool to help you stay sober!!!!

Yes be SUPER SELFISH!!!!

You did a great thing by starting this "thread" and bravely posting your story. REALLY

I did the same thing and I truly value members who thanked me for my posts. They were patient and answered all of my questions - no matter how I rambled on ... but they knew these were important to me. That is huge part why I have 12 days.

So I am here to ask you:

How are you overall?

How is the pnemonia progressing? You mentioned lungs bothering you - any other physical effects?

How do you feel?

How is your family handling this? You mentioned a baby (congrats by the way) ...baby born health? Getting enough quality time with her?

( YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER ANY THING... ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH IT)

How do you feel?

This is your place to vent, ramble and anything else you need to do to stay sober.

I'll check back in if you respond... so will others! I will be around all weekend so if you need to vent before Monday please post and vent away

Did you know this site is international? Seems there always someone on.

Also, there is a chat room. Check it out!

Look forward to hearing from you,

Snarly
Old 10-02-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
Hi Elfie,

Welcome!

Congratulations on Day 9.

I'm Snarly and I am on day 12 myself.

I have read through all of your posts on this thread as well as the great responses from fellow S/R members.

I wanted to reach out because I can really relate to this post. We do care about what you feel and have to say.

I was a wreck when I found this forum. It was days before I felt comfortable posting. Day 6 exactly. I have some medical issues that drove me to get sober the day the Doctor told me.. Bad stuff. Life bad stuff. Body had to tell me to stop.

I relate to your alcohol poisoning - I had stomach pumped once and stayed in hospital for a couple of days. My sister died from pneumonia caused by an overdose.

This is forum is another tool to help you stay sober!!!!

Yes be SUPER SELFISH!!!!

You did a great thing by starting this "thread" and bravely posting your story. REALLY

I did the same thing and I truly value members who thanked me for my posts. They were patient and answered all of my questions - no matter how I rambled on ... but they knew these were important to me. That is huge part why I have 12 days.

So I am here to ask you:

How are you overall?

How is the pnemonia progressing? You mentioned lungs bothering you - any other physical effects?

How do you feel?

How is your family handling this? You mentioned a baby (congrats by the way) ...baby born health? Getting enough quality time with her?

( YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ANSWER ANY THING... ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH IT)

How do you feel?

This is your place to vent, ramble and anything else you need to do to stay sober.

I'll check back in if you respond... so will others! I will be around all weekend so if you need to vent before Monday please post and vent away

Did you know this site is international? Seems there always someone on.

Also, there is a chat room. Check it out!

Look forward to hearing from you,

Snarly
What a lovely supportive post ❤

Well done elfie on day 9 take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. Look forward to quality time with your beautiful baby girl ❤ xxx

Snarly well done on day 12 I have read some of your posts and you are very positive and determined but also you also have been so supportive of everyone on here since your day 1

I'm day 5
This site has helped me so much. I know I've had loads of relapses since I joined but also more days sober than I can remember. I've ditched facebook in favour of SR and will continue to do so. Loads more beneficial than the usual rubbish on my news feed!!
😊 x
Old 10-02-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks Snarly! Congrats to you too! I'm so sorry to hear about your medical issues. Also sorry to hear about your sister dying of pneumonia, that actually scared the crap out of me. Thanks for all of the responses. I'm so amazed with the support on here.

I am doing really well considering the situation, health seems to be getting better and coughing much less which is a good thing. My voice still sounds like that of a longtime smoker but if those are the only health issues I have due to my incident I'm pretty lucky!
My parents are amazingly supportive because they know that I'm capable of and want better. My boyfriend is fearful that I will never change. Too much trust has been broken there to accept much else this early
Omg my baby is amazing! She was born perfect and still is! She was in the care of a family member during the hospital stay and hasn't been out of my sight since. It's pretty much just me and her during the week we get alot of mommy/daughter time everyday.