Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Tonight in Seedy Town - UFC presents Sober Bug vs Train Wreck! Uncensored & Uncut !

Notices

Tonight in Seedy Town - UFC presents Sober Bug vs Train Wreck! Uncensored & Uncut !

Old 09-30-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

It is going to be a bloodbath folks, turn around and leave the post arena if don't the want the extended version. Leave too if a fight to the death scares you. This is a streetfight with sobriety the prize. One wants to keep it and the other wants to destroy it. This is a story of wits, determination and street smarts - who do you bet on? The big bad and ugly? Or the sassy Bug who has fought her way to the ring from the ground? There is no projected winner folks, it could go either way, and bets are now over.

"Ladies and gentlemen , Welcome to the UFC 90 Day Sober Heavyweight Championship battle right here on the Seedy Side of Town! In the lefthand corner, weighing in at a fashionably svelte 150 pounds we have the lean and mean Queen of Sass, the Floridian Sober Bug! And in the right corner weighing in at over 600 pounds of pure destruction is the reigning Train Wreck of Sobriety , the AV! To your corners!"

First the rules. There are no rules in Seedy Town. We are the best street fight to be found in recovery. We fight hard and dirty and if you lose, it is jails, institutions and death. If you win you move on up to Easy Street. We offer no guarantees, no insurance and no refunds. Now let’s get ready to RUMBLE!

Ding Ding Ding – the heat is is burning in here! The Tigers are circling like predators, sizing each other up, finding the weak spots to hit, the insecurities to threaten, and the fastest way to end this.

Bug flies at Train Wreck like a bird of prey with talons out and beak sharpened to knives. She has worked too hard to be trampled in defeat. Her high is adrenalin only, it burns through her veins as she faces off an opponent she has been fighting for years. She may be smaller but she is fiercely protective of her sobriety. Wham! Bug strikes out with a direct sucker punch to the throat! She growled like a rapid dog and yelled “I am stronger than you!” The Train Wreck was struggling from the unexpected blow - she was supposed to give in under his intimidation not strike the first blow! On the move now he starts to stalk her and began his intimate ritual of lies, manipulations and deceit. He dances around her while carefully hiding the tricks he planned to seduce her. They were eye to eye, fist to fist and the power play sent the crowd in a frenzy in their seats - they screamed for blood. The Train Wreck was crazed with the intoxicating scent of her defeat in the air. He sized up his opportunity to attack, leaned in and knocked her down with a thud. HA! He gloated as he leaned over and grabbed her in a chokehold. She was so happy and content in the pre-quals, living her sober life confident and empowered,. She was not going to get away with that anymore, for she was so high on her horse that she didn't even notice him sneak back in to trip the horse. So easy. “Give up, you are weak and powerless against me. I am in control and you will die a slave to addiction.” He squeezed her neck tighter and waited patiently for a black out. But then she felt a surge of all the change she had made in her life burst inside her and struck a heavy foot out and kicked the one sensitive spot guaranteed to release her from his grasp. He shuddered and exploded with pain as it seared through his body. He was shocked by the unexpected kick, he could feel his power weakening as he struggled. He staggered forward blindly and was immediately struck by a headbutt - a blow that forced him to his knees. “You have no power over me, no control, and you never will! Now concede you beast!” The air drained from his lungs and he slammed the mat with his hand. “You win, Sober Bug.” And through his disappointment he saw her smile with resolve. “And I always will because I am clean, sober and in recovery. Nothing can take that from me." He shook his head. "I will always be there. You better get tougher because I will always be coming for you."

And the crowd went crazy seeing sobriety triumph.

This ends the story portion of our program. If you are curious to what prompted this UFC Shakedown... keep reading. Commentary will be factual and kept short.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whoa 😲 love ❤️ this! Congrats lightning bug 🐜!!!
Old 09-30-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That was great LightningBug!

Old 09-30-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The background:
I can trace my drinking and benzo abuse to one thing -:self worth. I am a pretty confident person, but I have moments of low self worth that is tied to two things - my career and my role as Mom. I would use to escape feeling bad about not producing. By producing I mean delivering quality work or being a good enough mother. If I did something wrong I used, if I didn't do what I promised I used, if I disappointed, hurt or angered somebody I used. I can tie using periods to specific events.

Today was a long day. I am an application programmer and am responsible for writing code to perform vital tasks. There is a lot of pressure, but I am confident in my ability. In software engineering there is what we call legacy code. That is old, outdated code that still works but needs to be recreated for other projects. I was up against an old app that was designed by a super genius. I was limited by resources and my security clearance (not high enough). I was focused on one thing today - to Crack the security of the app to gain specific information. I hit a wall at every turn. Everytime I cracked something I got hit with something else. Today went from me feeling good to me feeling utterly inadequate to some long forgotten programmer. My self confidence hit the can and by noon I was calling my old doctor for an appointment to get Klonopin. The urge was so strong I barely managed to hang up without booking. Then I had lunch and thought, hey a 4 pack of wine will get me through the day. CVS isn't far, no one will know I was gone. I planned to leave at 2. What a good idea! I have never drank at work before and I decided there was a first for anything. At 1:45 I panicked and sat in my car chain smoking thinking I was going to blow my 90 days. I whiteknuckled it back to my desk where I had a breakthrough. I went from lower than low to confident in myself again. So I thought, let me get through this and then I will get some wine for home. Reward! My thoughts relapsed me already I thought. Might as well do it. Then it was time to go and instead of driving to CVS for a bottle, I went to Barnes and Noble. So I thought I was in the clear - no relapse. Husband calls and asks me to get dinner. So what do I pick? A sports bar. I thought I could have a shot and no one would know. Signal panic attack #2. I breathed through it and went to get Chinese. Husband calls again, go to Walgreens for sinus meds. Walgreens is my trigger zone - alcohol and prescriptions. I dragged myself in that store, walked by the wine, and then had an epiphany that almost made me pee my pants.

I was hit full frontal with the beast and his poison all day and here it was 8 pm and I got through it all. I never drank, got a prescription, bought any alcohol, or had a shot in a bar.

It was my first real attack on my sobriety and I won. I did it. So of course I had to write a book about it. But here it is 1130 and I haven't tried to break into the husband's beer. I am still doing it.

I kicked my AV in the balls today and I won the championship!

Had to share.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yeah BUG. You are a champ! Way to go, girl.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teatreeoil007 View Post
Yeah BUG. You are a champ! Way to go, girl.
I am taking on the WWF next and then maybe after that I will retire and play golf with Rocky.
Old 09-30-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad you got through Bug

D
Old 09-30-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That was fun to read! Thanks Bug!
Old 09-30-2016, 08:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Really glad you got through Bug

D
Me too Dee. I really think my commitment is stronger now that I faced the beast. Now I have to work on the self confidence thing so maybe I can head off a trigger day before it even us a pebble of thought.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have faith you'll get there

D
Old 09-30-2016, 11:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done LightningBug and congratulations on reaching 90 days, big milestone

Old 10-01-2016, 03:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Big congrats on your 90 day milestone x
Old 10-01-2016, 03:45 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Lightning Bug - strength and honour!
Old 10-01-2016, 03:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Lol! Good read Bug.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Wow... tough day.

You are the "Woman"!

Awesome job reaching 90 days.
Old 10-01-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sober style

You got Conor McGregor running scared now, Bug!
Old 10-01-2016, 07:56 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by Lightning Bug View Post
we have the lean and mean Queen of Sass,

Old 10-01-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by Lightning Bug View Post
It was my first real attack on my sobriety and I won. I did it.