Notices

Coming off... drum roll... 75 vicodins a day

Old 01-16-2017, 11:06 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Thank you final and Sara. It was really nice to see your posts today. I so needed someone to say its ok. Your posts help immensely. I don't feel quite so alone, anymore.
So, I figurevabout 7 days stuck in bed, give or take, to get the worst of the sick out of the way, but then what?? I need a plan, but im lousy at rec plans. They always fail. So, heres mybplan so far......

1.) 7days to quit pills. Starting Wed., Im thinking. No cigs either. Ouch.
2.) Continue with therapy.
3.) Find an na meeting. This has been hard. The guy that answers the local na phone line is not very nice, and he always seems like hes in a hurry. He just keeps saying to go on the website and look. But, i rewlly want to talk to someone about stuff. Like what final said about people talking to you and helping you thru wds and stuff. Bottom line is i cant seem to find 1 damn meeting around here, and the ride thing is an issue, so what else can i do?? Is there another way to go about finding a meeting and talking to a NICE na person?? Like another phone # i could call??

I am asking all of you if you could please please help me with a plan of recovery?? It seems easy for everyone else, so maybe im just stupid, but im lost on this, and i really need some guidance.
So what do i do after the wds, and i find a meeting?? And how do i find one now when the local na guy is a butthead??
I just need help sorting this out. Please help me. I want this. And i am ready. Really ready.
Ok. Have to go. Sorry post is so messy. Am on tab. And my mom is here screaming at me from the living room. Shes pissed at me about something like always. God, i am so worn out by her.
love and hugs.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  

anyone know how raildawg is doing?
Old 01-16-2017, 01:06 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Sugar - it is good to see that you are still fighting. Remember that this is a fight for your life.

In our area we have different people that answer the phone at different times for NA. If you call at a different time of day you get a different person. How many times did you call the NA hotline? Maybe try calling at a different time of the day and see if you can get someone else.

If that doesn't work you can call NA's world services number at 818.773.9999. If the person answering phone lines is being a dick they would probably want to know about it. That way, the problem can be corrected for the next person calling in.

If you can't get to an NA meeting you may want to look at AA. In our area, there are far more AA meetings and members. You may be able to find an AA meeting that is close to you. If you can make it to an AA meeting you will likely run into someone that goes to both fellowships or is at least familiar with the NA meetings in your area. There are many addicts that I know who go exclusively to AA, and have had good results. Either way, it may be something worth checking out.

As far as your plan goes, I did best when I kept things simple. I had to get through withdrawals somehow and find a way to get to a meeting. That, in itself, is plenty to worry about right now IMHO.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Thanks OP. I wrote the # down, and I will also try calling the local NA # again too. I have called several times. I even went to a meeting, but it wasn't there anymore, so I've just been really frustrated trying to find and get to one. To connect f to f with others like me is something I really need right now. AA is something I have really been thinking about, too. because I know I will really want to start drinking when the worst of the pill wds end. I always do. I know that. So, thank you again for the advice. I am going to keep trying. I am not giving up.

OK. So, everyone keeps asking where Raildawg777 is, and the answer to that is I don't know. I stayed on his thread at first because I thought he would come back. Then, I got sorta sidetracked by life, and just kept coming back here like a homing pigeon to talk and vent and for support. He told me to keep using the thread, so I have, but now I am feeling weird about it. I don't know what all the rules are about threads, and if I did something wrong by staying here too long, then I am so sorry. I am going to start a new thread, because I am heading into day 1 tomorrow or the next day, and I need SR, and all of you. I am scared and tired and just feeling really fragile. So, I hope you all will come talk to me on the new thread. It'll be called The Hydro Thread. That way, I can keep posting my thoughts and stuff somewhere, but it can also be for ANYONE who wants to quit pills. Someplace for people to come and talk and share what they're going through. I just think this is for the best right now.
Thank you to all of you for your support and input here, and, again, I hope you all will still come talk to me. And, I sincerely apologize for not knowing the proper threadiquette. I meant no offense.
Love and hugs to you all.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Threadiquette Shmeadiquette! You are fine. You were both supporting each other, but I think at this point a new thread is a good idea. Start fresh! If RailDawg does return he can resurrect this one if he wants. I hope he is doing good. Good Luck to you Sugar. We will be here!

Just a quick note on meetings. If you can't find enough NA meetings in your area I would definitely go to AA or both even. I am not sure if people get the impression that NA has no view on alcohol or that they think it is okay for an addict to drink alcohol. As far as they are concerned alcohol is a drug and goes in the same pile as any other drug being used to get high.

Anyway I would be happy to share my experience on the fellowships on your new thread or PM if you want. I have been to pills anonymous, cocaine anonymous, and heroin anonymous meetings over the years too (wow talk about a LOSER! - haha). A lot depends on where you live and where you feel comfortable. If NA is an option and has enough meetings for you I would say try that first. Just don't use lack of meetings as an excuse. I could even help you look up some meetings if need be! Hang in there - withdrawals will pass as they always do :-)
Old 01-17-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Ah Marcus, Thank you!! You are awesome. Yes, let's switch over to the new thread. That would be good. Like you said, it's time for a change. A fresh new start.
As for sharing your experience with meetings, I would so appreciate that. I am worried cuz some members here said that in some AA meetings, they don't like you to share that you were using. I don't get why they would do that. I mean, a drug is a drug is a drug, right?? I personally think that way anyway. It's not what your addicted to. It's that you're addicted. But, hey I am going to find a meeting. One way or another. But, dang I do need some help with that. So thank you.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:02 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

So, this is going to be my last post on this thread. I already set up the new one, so please come talk to me there, Peeps!! I love you all.

Raildawg.....I am not sure what happened to you, but I hope with all my heart that you are happy and sober, and living the life that you want. I do think of you, and I wish nothing but the best for you and your lovely wife. Be careful out there chasing those storms, and try not to live so close to the edge, my friend. I have missed you, and I hope that I will 'see' you again here someday. Thank you for the incredible amount of help and support that you gave me. Without you, I don't honestly know if I would have stayed. I just wanted you to know, in case you ever see this, that you did make a big difference in someone's life. Mine.
Peace and love, my dear friend.
Old 01-21-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Amazing

I read this thread from the start, I will be honest I didn't think Sugar would make it, but it was like a movie where you were rooting for the underdog, I was so impressed with Dawg I am so glad sugar you are still trying, never give up,

I am a opiate addict with an IV fixation. I spent a decade on the streets of East Vancouver Canada, literally homeless and only recovered when I was in jail, this was 16 years ago.

Fast forward to 16 years of clean time and I was involved in a major motor vehicle accident, where it was discovered I had problems in my neck with my veterbrae. To make a long story short I was given hydromorphone and before I knew it I was right back in active addiction, A month long script lasted me about a week, then I became a fiend, oxy's beads whatever I could get my hands on I was taken,

I am now clean of hydromorphone sick as a dog as its only day 3 absolutely remember now why I stopped using,

Some people might say I lost 16 years of sobriety but thats so wrong everyday clean is a day LIVING how can you lose a day you lived, I did things I never thought possible.

Never give up thanks for sharing your story and my prayers and thoughts go out to Dawg
Old 01-22-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Lost soul way to come back!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come over to the hydrothread and start posting.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:57 PM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Heyas7378

I hope dawg is ok. I read from the beginning and am so proud of you both. I'm the gf of a heroin addict. To see the struggle is humbling. Best of luck to you both
Old 04-28-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Heyas7378 View Post
I hope dawg is ok. I read from the beginning and am so proud of you both. I'm the gf of a heroin addict. To see the struggle is humbling. Best of luck to you both

Sugar is doing a good job.

I'm off the hydro over 40 days and this time it's sticking.

It took several tries but in the end the buzz just wasn't there.

Sugar will stop again and it too will stick.

Thanks Heyas for checking in and posting.
Old 05-03-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Rail you still living in Thailand? You are more than 40 days off now, awesome.. Your name makes me laugh, Raildawg. Check in when you can!
Old 05-06-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Awesome update, Dawg!! 40 days is so good!! I am proud of you and so happy to hear you are doing as well as you are.
You rock, my friend!!