Notices

Finding it so exhausting

Old 08-31-2016, 04:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

welcome.

your life can be vastly different, greatly improved, something you'll be grateful for and will love.

It's all up to you, to simply choose... and do.

we're here to help.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hope it's going well, Lolly. Thinking of you.
Old 08-31-2016, 10:28 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Welcome Lolly!!
Old 09-01-2016, 02:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Reading Sarah Hepola, Blackout. An absolute must book to read for all the girls.

OTE=Lolly26;6115157]I have been looking at this site for over a year now and have made the decision to post. I find the constant morning detective work, finding new hiding places and just the day to day obsession so shattering. I am constantly looking at other women in shops and carparks etc, and marvelling that they dont seem to have at least a few bottles in their trolleys and bags, how do they survive without it ! But of course, I realise that its me thats askew and not them. Another family meal out probably ruined by me. I say probably as I am in the dark after the first hour. No amount of detective work this time has shed any light and like everyone else I am way too ashamed, proud, in denial to ask any one. I cant remember the last time I went out, enjoyed the evening and came home like a normal person. Really sick and tired of the whole situation and feel I am ready to take some responsibility for what is solely my problem.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-01-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day one Lolly

D
Old 09-03-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Failed

Again, gave in. Hate it all. Pushing for positive thoughts again........hopefully be back here soon.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Never give up on a better life for yourself, Lolly. There's nothing in it for us - it only brings misery. You can do this.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Don't give up Lolly. Stay on here.

It's hard to give up on willpower alone. Creating a plan makes a huge difference. Have a look at the link that Dee posted to. We've all been where you are. But a plan gives you the extra help to make it out.

The plan doesn't have to be long or complicated. But it helps to write down, for example:

- what triggers you to drink;
- how you will deal with those triggers;
- what things you can do every day, every week, every month that will shore up your sobriety (e.g. coming on SR, doing exercise, yoga, therapy, meditation, healthy eating ...);
- your "helplines" - numbers you can call when you need to - friends, family etc.;
- your motivation (mending family ties, being happier in your work, being healthier etc.);
- little tools including those you can find here on SR, like playing forward in your mind what will happen if you pick up that first drink;
- lists of helpful books and other sources, like the Hepola book you mentioned.

That's a general idea of what my plan looks like. Writing it down and identifying things made a difference to me.

You are not alone!
Old 09-03-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

You can start over right now, Lolly! This very second. I can't tell you how many times I committed myself to quitting drinking only to pick up later on that very same day. One day, for whatever reason, something just clicked and I was done. I've been sober ever since.

Dee posted a great link about recovery plans. You need a plan! Without one you've no way to combat your normal habits and ways of thinking. So dust yourself off, get a plan, don't beat yourself up, and try again. We're all rooting for you!