Notices

One Year & Over Part 41

Old 09-23-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Re-Member

My toss off tag line when I am leaving a place with people who know me is " Bye y'all! Don't do anything I wouldn't do. And remember, I have children.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Troubling times indeed, Itchy.

I'm in a crummy spot today. I'm very concerned about the upcoming election for one thing. I will vote no matter what but I will admit I feel very concerned that there are so many people supporting a candidate I feel is a total fraud.

Then, all this talk of our children - my forty-something daughter is having more life challenges. Besides her husband wanting a divorce, she is bipolar 2 and has been on a variety of meds. Her meds were recently changed before her 2-day blackout. In addition, she has aphasia (her words and spelling don't come out right) - happened after med changeover. She is now being referred to a neurologist for that. I was bad and consulted Dr. Google (I know how to find reliable health web sites). It points to brain injury as possibly due to stroke, or, more likely an uncommon but known side effect of both the med she went off and the new one she started.

She cannot work because of both the bipolar 2 and limited use of both arms due to repetitive stress. I don't know how she will live on her own. I think her husband will support her (luckily he has an excellent job). I'm feeling like I "should" help her out. She doesn't want my help but I still feel guilty.

I spent over 20 years dealing with her difficulties (hyperactive, social problems, suicide attempt, etc) and am burned out. I have enough money to take care of myself but not for both of us.

Sorry to unload - I know I will get through this. I'm feeling frustrated that this has again come back to haunt me at a time when I'm finally learning to take care of my own needs.

At least the temptation to drink has been amazingly mild so that is a good thing.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Sas))) I have no advice but I'm thinking of you (and your daughter)

D
Old 09-23-2016, 06:22 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Thank you, Dee. Emotional support is what I need.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Sorry darling Sass ~ I wasn't reading properly.

You are an incredible mother my friend. ♥
Old 09-23-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

(((((Sas))))) Sending you love and support It sounds like such a difficult situation for you and your daughter both.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

((((((Sass))))))
Old 09-23-2016, 09:56 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Magsie

((((Sassy)))), a big hug and shoulder to lean on, my friend.x
Old 09-23-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

Still dark here! Nearly 6 am too! We've still got tomatoes growing in the greenhouse though. The little ones are abundant.

Itchy, I loved that tale on 'enough'. I think maybe you're right. I have enough.

I learn so much wisdom and thought provoking words here, I appreciate this forum so much and all my friends here too.

Have a good weekend overs.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:39 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Sassy,
And Mags,
You guys earned every bit of the support you get here. None of us lives in a paradise or a vacuum. But we have non judgmental friends.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:41 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Sass, thinking of you and sending a huge cyber hugs, ( and you know how good my hugs are!) I believe that the hardest thing for a parent is to have to stand back and not help their child when their world is not perfect. But remember from our own experiences, it was always the toughest, darkest times that we learned from and that we grew from. That's not to say you can't keep letting her know that you are there for her, little 'I love you' morning texts are sometimes enough to lift spirits on a tough day. X
Old 09-24-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Sassy, sending you hugs today. You're a good person and good people have a way of working things out.

Dharma, I'm sure your son will find his way. I was a very shy and socially awkward young man. I had a couple of close friends through high school and we're still friends to this day. I'd still rather be by myself than with a group of people. Just the way I am and I'm perfectly happy with it, although it took me awhile to get here

Have a great weekend, overs!
Old 09-24-2016, 04:14 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-42-a.html

D