Notices

Class of March 2016 part 30

Old 09-04-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back Kiki - if you can keep all that you've written in your mind for next time you face this challenge, you'll be able to ensure a different outcome.

that's really what recovery comes down to, in the beginning

D
Old 09-04-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Kiki- crap weekend, huh? Well even after all of that booze you obviously thought out the process of what, where, how- the why is always a biggie. Cannot offer you any more advice which makes any more sense than what you have worked out. Not going to deconstruct your words. Not a psychiatrist. One thing screamed out at me though from your words. You said you decided/knew before drinking that you would do exactly that. And you did.
As you have pointed out- no point in beating yourself up. The behaviour you are showing is causing anxiety and distress for you and your family. You want to stop- good. You need to abstain for yourself and then for your family. If you do not- you will not have a family. I don't have my family around and I know this under the most extreme of circumstances. Do not let alcohol ruin what you have. Take it one minute at a time, then 15 mins, an hour/day/week/month. This site does not judge or punish I am sure you are doing that to yourself. If you did not- you would not be normal. Sometimes life sucks. Making it worse does not help. Yes remember HALTS and KISS, Focus on the here and now. My only piece of real advice? DO NOT PICK UP ANOTHER DRINK. Thoughts and prayers go to you and your family-Ic2.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:15 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Kiki - last night was a momentary lapse....a small detour on what is a lifelong journey. And instead of falling into the all too familiar pattern, you came here and you were honest...that shows great strength and bravery. I am so proud to be a part of this class with you...and not because of how many days you have but because of your fighting spirit and your unwillingness to give up. Love you lots!!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Morning!! I too am waking up on another day one. I wasn't going to tell on myself as I didn't have much to drink, but after Kiki's posts how could I not be at the very least honest. I'm not sure what the issue was for me.....boredom I guess. But regardless I am here and I am giving it another go. No beating myself up (which is weird for me....growth?) just moving forward. Happy Sunday
Old 09-04-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Hi Sam.

What's everyone up to today?
Old 09-04-2016, 03:39 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hi CH and Lillian!! Good to see you! I hope you're enjoying your week-end!!

Kayak - thinking of you! Hugs!!

Casey - I love and hate moving....the new place and new city are exciting, plus you get organized and the purging you do beforehand is therapeutic....but man...it is so much work!! Good luck!

Purplrks - great job shutting your AV down! Work sucks but it's better than drinking.....whatever it takes!

Apple - you did AMAZING!!

MITA - good to hear from you - hope your week-end is going okay!

lcarus - I am sorry you are struggling. But I do have to say that I think it is amazing how you are able to recognize what is happening in your brain when your AV is talking and how you can think it through no matter how you are feeling....I hope to get to that place one day.

Kiki - I think you are fantastic!! Pick yourself up and dust yourself off today.....still moving forward which is the right direction

Thirteenth - thanks for always being so supportive and caring even when you are struggling

Bobbie - Not your phone!! That's like an appendage! Although there have been times when I have wanted to flush mine on purpose...lol Are you trying the rice thing?

Hi Fred!!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:40 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Hey Apple - no luck on the kiddos sleeping in I guess?

Today I am going to stay busy and I will be going to a Yoga class tonight during the witching hours What are you up to?
Old 09-04-2016, 03:46 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

This morning needs to be a house catch up morning. Laundry, dishes...
A kiddo birthday party out and about in the afternoon.
Today or tomorrow need to do a tiny bit of very last minute school clothes shopping for my growing 6 year old. She starts again Tuesday.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:52 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening/whatever peoples. Somebody asked me a little while ago how was I today, answer- sober, safe, sane and ****. Hoping every one is doing ok, Thoughts with you Kiki. Here is a profound piece of wisdom I picked up a few years ago, might have shared it b4.

There are 2 kinds of people in the world. Those with beards and every one else.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Kiki

I hope you feel ok today. That's a lot of drinks after 50+ sober days - take care of yourself today. Are you and hubby good?

That is one powerful post to have in your toolbox! But you're right, we have to use our toolbox in order for it to work. I definitely learned that over this summer. Hope you got back to sleep. Huge hugs.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:17 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

About to head out for a run....even though I don't want to....natural consequences
Old 09-04-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

I have ONE kiddo awake (the one that will happily play a video game until breakfast) and I'm sitting here sipping coffee and opening up a book....dare I? As soon as I do...
Old 09-04-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Lol Apple! What happened....did your noisy page turning wake up the whole house?
Old 09-04-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Back from my run and surprisingly it was the best one I've done all week ��
Old 09-04-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread starts here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-31-a.html

D