Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 08-29-2016, 03:54 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

Great post MrPL-glad that you're back on track. Well done on the song. As ever your posts cheer me up-you're very level headed-even though it may not feel like it!! Night!
Old 08-29-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Good night, all! Closing down day 22. No time to post much as its time to try to sleep. Love to you all!!

😘
Eli
Old 08-29-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Good Job Elicia!! As well as others who made it through this wonderful day!

I had a Open AA Men's meeting where there are only like 12 guys but tonnes of sobriety ranging from 5-42 years. When I got there a member that I know was chairing and asked me to do a reading. I said yes absolutely as I always do when asked. He said Slogans? lol. I said ughh sure but I'm just coming back. He said "even better" they went well. To have all of these old timers come up to me after and thank me and talk to me is awesome. I have been around the rooms here for quite a while so I know most and me being young they want to take care of ,e with their knowledge and support.

It was a recovery day. 2 meetings and big book step work. Tomorrow I have step work at 11 am and I'll hit a meeting at night. Thank god my Bosses are giving me this time to get better and I'm not taking advantage of it!!!
Old 08-29-2016, 08:31 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, it's nearing the end of the 18th day and I'm grateful for this forum.

I let someone else's behavior affect my mood today and it was about as good an idea as anyone could imagine. I think that in the long run I really need to keep my head together because i know from my own experiences (and my reconstructed plan) that this way of thinking doesn't support sobriety. I read a bunch of little meditations and it mostly calmed me down, then came home, walked the dog, and then - started worrying about an event next week.

It's good reason to make a plan. Worry? Not so much. Basically, I have a giant work thing that starts in 8 days and is 3 days long. We all fly to California and have a three day long staff meeting. It's a really cool thing for work because there's a lot to learn and stuff but there's a big party scene too, and it's where I fell off last year. Ugh. It's cringeworthy, I promise, the way that last year went. So. This year I will not tell people, nor am I telling people, that I am not drinking because I'm allergic to beer, because someone will shove wine in my face. I will tell people I'm not drinking, if they ask. I will go to sleep early and wake up early and enjoy the California morning weather. I will check in here and I promise to tell on myself if I am thinking about changing my plan. Because I am planning things, my suitcase and my work notebooks and charts will be super organized. It puts me in "plan mode" to have all parts of my life organized. Maybe I will recharge the old fitbit and make some fitbit goals too. These things serve as distractions and reminders that I have an overall plan.

There is enormous pressure to drink there. I want to go in with a good plan and an exit strategy. By the way, not going means I'm fired. Not drinking does not by any means mean I get fired. So, not going is not an option because losing my job would be a horrible test on my sobriety, much worse than this staff meeting will be.

So: a) am I worrying too much about the future? and b) anything that I'm missing?

In Gratitude

B
Old 08-29-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

also: glad to see you're around sadsadgirl! <3
Old 08-29-2016, 08:48 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

Bexxed I can tell how badly you don't want to drink and how much this trip seems like a chore to you. You probs lay feel helpless. But you're not alone. You have us August kids, the forum, and literature. I have been in similar situations in my others stints of sobriety and it seems impossible to think that you can have fun without drinking. Are you afraid that people will harass you if you simply say that you quit drinking or don't drink anymore? I use to make excuses and then finally I was just like" I don't drink because I will spin off into an ******* and lose my job, friends and family" if harassed. That usually backed them off
Old 08-29-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Hey
Old 08-29-2016, 09:20 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Hello. I'm sat here nursing a hangover. Yday was a v v sad day and last night I drank. This morning I poured the rest down the sink so not tempted tonight. Am chugging water again. Hugs to all.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Good job on pouring the rest out. Tomorrow is a fresh start!
Old 08-29-2016, 09:35 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  
fgo

Hi Northernlass,
Glad to see you back so quick. Glad you posted. Keep trying, you can do it.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:06 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome hurleymb and welcome back sweetichick

D
Old 08-29-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Checkin in.
Day 15. I've been telling myself halfway to 30 days... and then I get discouraged because these have been some tough 15 days. I guess that's where "one day at a time" kicks in eh?

Usually don't crave alcohol during the work week because of IOP in the mornings and then work, but I had to cut things off with the guy I was dating (who was my best friend... The one I wanted to marry) last night and it feels like we just broke up all over again. And I thought to myself "maybe I'll just drink tonight and not go to IOP in the morning and just say F It "

I don't know if I'm crazy and throwing away something great or if it's actually been a toxic relationship that I should've left sooner. It's all clear as mud.

These thoughts scare me a lot. I know the person I want to be and the dreams I want to fulfill, and I know it can be only done while being sober. So scared I'm going to screw it up.

Drinking chamomile lavender tea then heading to bed. Night all
Old 08-29-2016, 11:11 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Good job holding off CAjunPrincess!
Old 08-29-2016, 11:19 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Bexxed, would you consider telling a fib and saying you are on antibiotics? There is one you really, really can't take with alcohol, metraonidazole, used for dental problems. I' ve taken it in the past for a gum infection or abscess and it's one that would make you as sick as a dog if you drink on it, in fact you can't drink for three days after taking a course too. Just if you wanted to shut down them asking without having to spin off the reasons why you aren't drinking.

Sorry haven't been posting much with the bank holiday here too and the little ones are starting their first days of school. Very smallest starts her first day of preschool today, my baby is growing up Tears may ensue - from me. Plus stopping smoking (one week, yay) has left me exhausted so it's been very early nights. Still here and still sober though. Promise will get back to posting properly by the end of the week.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:31 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Hello my friends... I've not left you, I'm just more than my fair share of busy.... Sitting here at work and thought I would check in... Glad to see everyone is doing well! ❤️
Old 08-29-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Morning A-team!

@SSG - great to have you back and even greater to see you reach day 11 happy!

@bexxed - it seems to me like you are in the perfect mind frame to pull this through. I think people will not make a big deal out of you not drinking, this has been my experience so far. It may be a bit trickier on day 1, but once you get used to it I think you will enjoy yourself a lot more and you will come back from try trip feeling awesome for what you have achieved. You got this!

@CajunPrincess - very proud of you. You will not screw this up, instead you are learning how to deal with your own emotions sober. This is not going to be easy, but it is going to make you so much stronger! As you get closer to becoming who you want to be I am sure the right kind of relationship will enter your life, be with your friend or not.

@capricallia - little ones grow fast, hum? Was thinking that this weekend while watching my 2yr old starting to interact properly with other kids on his own. Isn't it great we decided to quit in time to experience all that sober?

@NorthernLass - glad you got back here straight away. Have you had a think what went wrong this time round? Tweaking your plan can avoid it happening again, last time I slipped on day 16 and learned a lot from the experience, you can do that too.

Have a nice sober Tuesday A-team! Day 19 here and AV doesn't stand a chance.

Mr P
Old 08-29-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread...

for anyone who's not been in one of these threads at the end of the month...

This thread will continue one...but it will be moved to the Daily Support forum with all the other past months threads.

This is so a new Class of September 2016 Support thread can start here in Newcomers forum.

I'll be putting in redirects and everything so noone gets lost - Any questions, just ask

Our new thread - for the moment - is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D