Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

2 days from now, I'll be 8 Months..Anxiety off the charts..And...

Notices

Old 08-22-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 days from now, I'll be 8 Months..Anxiety off the charts..And recently diagnosed as Bipolar..

Not sure whats what...Fighting PAWS, Anxiety and now Bipolar..There's not a calm neuron in my head lately..

I can't even sleep..I am on such a cocktail of meds that I cant tell what does what anymore..Seems like none of the meds help the anxiety above all..

I am in rough shape..I just want it all to go away...
Old 08-22-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're still suffering.

Unfortunately for some of us who sufer from several things at once, sometimes it takes a little while to get everything under control.

Please keep speaking with your Drs and don't lose hope

D
Old 08-22-2016, 06:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee...I am starting to feel a bit hopeless...It's been going on for months...Trying to stay strong...
Old 08-22-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Praying for peace of mind for you soon. And congrats on 8 months!
Old 08-22-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Least...
Old 08-22-2016, 06:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 8 months! That is wonderful I'm sorry for the difficulty that drags on. Just wondering if you have a recovery plan? I've started incorporating aspects of my other struggles into myrecovery plan dealing with eating disorder, anxiety, depression and my diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. Will be adding smoking in there too.
Writing things down and trying out different techniques and options have helped me to feel a little more grounded in my plans.
Relying on making plans in my mind... that place is a black hole lol
Old 08-22-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

My anxiety was hell on earth well past 8 months. But, unlike you I was not on any rx meds. I easily would have qualified if I went to a dr. And was honest about everything.

But, I would have lost my cool job.

Hopefully, like me, you do have moments, times and places where you have total peace.

One of my happy places was/is on my back, in bed. Also, i would search out places to sit down and lean on things.

I have exercised since I quit. It is pretty much what made me quit. I am not sure, but I think it helps a ton.

15 months now and I am still far from normal. I was deeply addicted and afflicted.
Old 08-22-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Recoverer of Self

Hi Nofear... I get it...anxiety is a killer....and mood swings can make you feel like you're going crazy. There are times that I feel so low that I have to refocus hourly...actually I have spent hours and hours and hours hanging on by refocusing each minute. I'm not talking about hanging on to just my sobriety...I also mean my sanity...really, not drinking is the easy part...its staying sane during sobriety that keeps us sober. By refocus I mean actively telling myself "I can do this, just hold on for one more minute' and going over my reasons for recovery... and practising all my plans....and exercising my tools... as in OBSESSIVELY! I am at 8 months as well and there is no way in the world I'm gonna go all the way back to day one... I will literally do whatever it takes to stay sober...even if it means that's ALL I can do...because without sobriety, the end is just a matter of time. And no matter how bad my emotional or mental state is...I'm not ready for the end quite yet. So I hang in, and refocus as often as I need to. It's exhausting...but so is drinking and the dreaded day 1 that awaits us all (if we're lucky enough to find our way back to it again).
So try as hard as you can to hang in there...you're not alone...you are doing great each minute that you make it through. Congratulations on 8 months!!!
Stay strong and keep asking for help....it works. ��
Old 08-22-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome and huge congrats on 8 months!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

8 Months is fantastic!! Hang in there, we're all in your corner!!
Old 08-23-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks ya'll..I keep trying to refocus and clear my head..The one place I can get a respite is when I am asleep..

Between my job , wife and 3 kids , it is a challenge to say the least, but they are supportive..

My Plans are to attend a few meetings every week , and some mindfulness meditation, and to stick around here as much as possible..

Dr's won't give me Benzos of any kind , but they did just prescribe Vistaril... First day on it , didn't notice any real difference....We'll see...
Old 08-23-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey nofear, I hear you. I am bipolar as well and without the right meds life can be miserable. There are some additional resources for us, I will send you a private message. Hang in there!
Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on 8 months, Nofearnobeer. Going for walks and bike rides helps my anxiety. As little as 20 minutes can help. But the best is an hour+ bike ride in the early morning or evening. I wish you the best, stay strong. Alcohol never helps our situation.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Im at 10 months anxiety still hits me some days, I think the only way to address it is to undertsand whet you are fearful of. My Abstinence kicked off acute health anxiety (my representation of my fear) ended up in hospital a few times. One day I realized I dont care if I die or not as I was in a perpetual state of anxiety, it started to let up then.