Notices

Class of August 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 08-15-2016, 01:29 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee!
I am going to check in and post to try to help me get through this. I want to quit so badly it's a horrible addiction 😢
Old 08-15-2016, 01:30 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hey class, just wanted to say how awesome you all are. This a tough battle but you can do it. I'm on 6 weeks now but joined this class when I came back to SR a couple of weeks ago... My longest time sober since choosing to quit! Yey!! We can do this guys
Old 08-15-2016, 02:14 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Morning all,

Had a busy day yesterday and another today...but that is good for me...keeping busy!!

Welcome tonib, pinky and Gbluewater.....glad you're here.

Bronzie....glad you're back....keep posting and don't beat yourself up xoxo.

Sounds like everyone is hanging in..happy, sober Monday augustables xo
Old 08-15-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Well it's the morning of Day 15 for me. Having survived the weekend that makes two whole weeks sober. I'm saving money, loosing weight and generally feeling OK.

I went to a concert in the park on Saturday and it seemed that everyone around me was drinking. My AV keeps telling me that just one drink would be OK. I know this is crazy as one drink would surely lead to another. My plan is to stay sober today and get to my local AA meeting this evening.

Well done everyone on your progress. Onwards...
Old 08-15-2016, 03:58 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 15 days Forwards. A concert is a pretty biog ask tho - I stayed away from all that kind of stuff for a while.

I think of those early days and the sometimes tough decisions now as a good investment in my recovery?

D
Old 08-15-2016, 04:11 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
A concert is a pretty biog ask tho - I stayed away from all that kind of stuff for a while.
Thanks Dee. I hadn't intended to go to the concert, just go for a walk in the park. It just happened to be there so I stayed to watch. As you say, it's probably best to avoid drinking situations for now...
Old 08-15-2016, 04:55 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

bexxed - I understand the "pink cloud" effect completely. I think one of the reasons I always end up back to drinking is because I get to feeling so good in my sobriety that I feel on top of the world, like I can do anything, even drink socially. I'm more likely to pick up again when everything is going really well. Yes, we need to keep sobriety a priority, always.

sunshine - I'm so happy you have decided not to drink at the GNR concert I'm also super jealous that you get to see them. I had the Appetite for Destruction cassette tape when I was around 13 years old, loved that tape!

bronzie - I hope you are doing ok

alyssa - I have to force myself to exercise but I am always happy I did afterwards. I have always found irony in the fact that we always jump to drink and it makes us feel bad but poo poo exercise which makes us feel good! I am planning to get back to the gym this week

yay on 9 days saltybeagle!! That's two weekends in a row sober...excellent!!

gbluewater - how are you? Check in with us today

Hi sath79, remember just one day at a time...

NL - I hope your snack and nap helped. Great job letting us know you were struggling, it helps me get out of my head....that's a very dangerous place for me to be! Hope you're doing ok.

Hi pinky - it is a horrible addiction, all we can do is fight it one day at a time. Do you plans in place for when the next craving hits?

Elle - yay on 6 weeks! That's awesomesauce!!

busy is good lovehoops!

Great job on two weeks forwards! maybe the concert wasn't the best idea this early on but kudos for persevering through!

Well it's back to the grind for me. I have a very busy week ahead of me which is both good and bad. I'll do my best to get out here at least once a day, but shooting for 3 x's, morning, noon, and night. Even if it's just a check in to make sure we are all ok. Happy Monday!
Old 08-15-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hi August 2016 class.

In August 12th 2012 I took my last drink. I like to drop in to the current August class each year to welcome the new members to SR.

My August class became my cyber family, in conjunction with the SR chat room. The more I posted the stronger I became. I suggest you share your fears .... ask questions (regardless of how silly they may seem) I can almost guarantee someone else will be wanting to ask the same question or will be facing similar issues.

With time sobriety becomes "the norm". Your social circle will view you as a "non drinker". The urges may still occur but your sober muscles are strong enough to silence them.

SO come here ..post often ....read lots and have a plan ... a sobriety plan is essential....

take care all and welcome to SR.
Old 08-15-2016, 05:14 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

kgirl, thanks! Yes I feel better now. It does help to post and get that extra nudge to stay sober.

Welcome Pinky, Tonib and others! Bronzie, don't worry, pick yourself up and try again. I did that last week and this board was really helpful!

Congrats on Forwards on being sober and losing weight! That's what I am hoping for too!

LSC1 Wow!! 4 years! That's excellent!!!!! Thanks so much for the support!! I like the way you mention sober muscles as that was mentioned earlier too!

I read something a couple weeks ago and I wanted to post here. It said about an actress "Who drank up to 3 bottles of wine a week." I thought, is that all?? Hold it, yes, I have a problem! So I came back here.

The actress in question, Lisa Riley, lost 140lb by giving up alcohol. Wow!!
Old 08-15-2016, 07:33 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hit the 3 week mark yesterday!

But oh man.....It's Monday (reality) and I cannot get motivated to do anything (Im supposed to be working). I was doing excellent this weekend.. Moved my college freshman son into the dorms at school on Sat. Was able to have a nice chat with him. Telling him how proud I was... He seems so excited to be on his own and getting his room together.. Socializing with the other kids.

So I guess... I am sitting here.. kinda drained. But happy. If that makes sense?

Oh well... Lunch in an hour should perk me up!
Old 08-15-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Good morning August people!

I have a busy day in front of me so I'm just breezing in to say hi.

Day four for me. All I'm focusing on is how grateful I am.

My yard is gorgeous, it's a beautiful day, and I slept like a BABY.

Sleep is valuable to me. My job often intereferes with it, and alcohol sometimes completely prevents it. Sobriety brings sleep back every time and it's salvation for me.

Feeling so grateful.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6092371