Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 3

Old 08-06-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Hey Invisible Danger,
I don't have any friends, either. It's been a problem for me in the past few months, trying to get sober and not having any "Face to Face" support. The support here on SR, especially in this July thread, is awesome. But, honestly it can still get lonesome. I think it's pretty common to begin sobriety with no friends. I think one of the reasons I've stayed single most of my adult life is because I wouldn't want anyone who would want me, especially when I'm drinking.
Today, I am loving myself. There are moments when it feels false, part of me says, "Oh, get off it, you know you hate yourself". But I'm not listening.
I'm sorry you drank, but don't let that make things worse by beating yourself up and feeling like you've lost. We only lose if we give up.
Big hugs to you Invisible! You're in good company here.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Hard day. My first cravings. I'll let you know in a couple of hours that I made it home.
hang in there V. Hope you make it home safely.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InvisibleDanger View Post
I have no friends, I'm all alone in this. Sorry. I drank. But I poured the last bit out. That's a good thing.
I'm sorry you drank but glad you poured be rest out.

Do you have close friends you could call next time just to talk? I don't have good friends where I live either (just one) but my best friends are always a phone call away, or my Mom or sister. Sometimes just hearing how someone else is doing can get us out of our own head.

Drink lots of water and get some rest tonight. Tomorrow is a brand new day. Will you be alone again tomorrow?
Old 08-06-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InvisibleDanger View Post
I have no friends, I'm all alone in this. Sorry. I drank. But I poured the last bit out. That's a good thing.
I think it shows strength that you poured it out and came right here. Tomorrow is a new day and you can begin again.

1 Corinthians 10:13
Old 08-06-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post

Geez Oswin! That doesn't sound like fun at all but it sounds like you handled it well. Must be challenging when your partner still drinks. Is he a "normal" drinker?
Sorry late in replying to this been really busy today. Yes we used to drink together he is showing any signs of wanting to give up.
Old 08-06-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-4-a.html

D