Notices

Struggling after relapse

Old 07-23-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Struggling after relapse

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I'm struggling after a relapse due to anxiety and public speaking at work. I'm trying to get it together. I went to the hospital 3 times, they said they can't help me. I no longer have health insurance. My biggest fear is that I had such horrible withdrawals in the past that I don't want it to get to that point where they need to take me due to a seizure or DT's. I'm tired and frustrated. I feel like my world is falling apart. I have been in touch with my friends from treatment and my sponsor but everything has been at a distance. I don't even know if there is a way for someone with my history of alcoholism to detox at home. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not sure if they can legally turn you away from all hospitals because of lack of insurance...I thought only the private hospitals can do that.

I'm sure your AA friends and/or sponsor knows which hospitals have to take you. Call them! Call the AA hotline in your area, too. They will be able to help. Detox can be life threatening, so make that call now.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Definitely stay in touch with your aa friends and go to your local ER for a safe detox they won't turn you away

Welcome to the site btw know you can lean on us and there's always someone here

Join this class in newcomers the link is below everyone who is getting sober July 2016 will welcome you with open arms

nice to meet you bud

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-18.html
Old 07-23-2016, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're glad to have you with us, Struggling. I'm sorry for all you've gone through. Please keep posting & reading - there's plenty of encouragement to be found here.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now but I am happy that you found Sober recovery because there lots of people who have been there or still are going through it and lots of support here.

It sounds like you need to do a medical detox- you can look up medical detoxes in your area or you can go to a hospital and detox there. Withdrawals can be life threatening- especially since you have a history of having dangerous side affects from withdrawal in the past. Reach out- there are tons of resources out there you just need to be willing to put in the work to find what you need. You can do this- don't give up on yourself. Do you have a doctor that you can see and tell him/her what is going on and I am sure your doctor will tell you what to do and where to go.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome struggling

are you still drinking? the best way to ensure you're not going to get into trouble with withdrawals is to stop drinking and stay that way.

Why not make the effort ad ring some of thse treatment and AA buds - ask for help?

You'll find a lot of help here too

D
Old 07-26-2016, 04:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I lost my wife over this relapse. She wants a divorce. I'm trying to hold it together an plan on going to AA tonight.
Old 07-27-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by BRichards View Post
I lost my wife over this relapse. She wants a divorce. I'm trying to hold it together an plan on going to AA tonight.
Are you the same person as Struggling?
Old 07-27-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by TheEnd View Post
Are you the same person as Struggling?
No, they're not..

Dee
SR