Notices

I've done it again.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not trying to rile you up but there is a wrong way - continuing trying to drink.

D
Old 07-01-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm not trying to rile you up but there is a wrong way - continuing trying to drink.

D
I'm thick skinned Dee, despite what some might consider quick to pinch comments. I say what I think as well.

Continuing would definitely be the wrong way if I'm looking to control it. I need more time off to compare again.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Control is an illusion if you are an alcoholic.
Old 07-01-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I guess "if you are", are the keywords there. If I am, then help is abundant. If I'm not, then I guess I'm just in denial. Damned if I do. The advice has been great but shiat people, I think I've chatted with maybe 2 or 3 folks out of a hundred who see shades of grey.

Thank you to those of you who took the time and effort to share your thoughts and experience, I think I need something different. Take care.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:17 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Endeavor, you seem like a pretty smart guy, I consider myself to be a pretty smart guy too(heh-heh). One of the things I've learned is that for me, being a bit too smart for my own good was an obstacle to quitting. I was so full of pride and could rationalize anything, rather than bow down and admit defeat. I wonder if you might have a bit of this tendency also...
Old 07-01-2016, 06:14 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I hear you Zenlifter. btw, love that name & pic. I'm not too smart for my own good bud. I'm just another smart enough guy making consistently stupid decisions. There is no shortage of us mooks walking around. That is for sure.

I'll get through my issues before I allow it to affect my family.That has never been in question. This is for me. We are talking about lives here, on this database driven forum. Funny saying it that way, but yeah.

Bowing down and admitting defeat has great significance to me. Some of my greatest acheivments in life began at such high a precipice.

Zen, being full of pride and rationalizing to me is incompatible. Like trying to train a lion to crap in a litterbox. That's not a tendency man, it's a huge and deliberate mistake.

Here online and anonymous, half of which I might add is the goal and solution for most; is what I'm most comfortable with to help heal myself.

I am seriously happy to hear things turned around for you as well. I'll get there, need some time. Best.