Notices

Class of July 2016 Support Thread Part 1

Old 07-14-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Let's stay sober
Old 07-14-2016, 02:54 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eliasson View Post
I failed again. What the hell? I'm scared. I can't face life it is so overwhelming. Im not sure why I'm even posting honestly. I get so overwhelmed with anxiety and cravings eventually I just cave. I'm wasting everyone's time.
Come on, stay strong, having slip up's is all part of the learning process, I also failed last night but I'm back here and back posting and looking at today as a new opportunity for success.... you need to develop a coping mechanism for the tough times, just post post post as a minimum ?!! xxx
Old 07-14-2016, 02:55 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

So, I failed last night I knew it was coming she is evil that AV.. she sucks me in every time if I could batter her with a baseball bat seriously I would!!!

so, a new plan, I actually didn't feel bad today I actually felt that yes, I have it now, I feel positive and I feel like this time I can make it to the week without caving, we'll see... but good luck to everyone struggling ! xx
Old 07-14-2016, 03:03 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Hi...I would like to join the July class. I have been on SR a few times before and it worked for me. I stopped posting and kept away for a few months and started drinking again...(shocker!). I've been drinking for a week straight. I'm. Closet drinker too bc I stopped for like 6 years in 2005, so when I've picked up since then, I don't drink in front of anyone. That's not to say they don't know. My family always catches me and they are furious...I loose their trust,they are so disappointed, blah, blah blah. (My kids are 18, 21 and 23) so they know!!!The sneaking cycle goes on and on for me. -anyway, I've been sneaking for the past week And I want to stop now before it blows up in my face which will happen if I continue!
I'm looking forward to making connections in this group AND i know SR works. It has worked for me before,

Thanks
Old 07-14-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 505 (permalink)  

Welcome lovehoops looking forward to getting to know you, glad you found us
Old 07-14-2016, 03:55 AM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm back again starting another day 1. Yesterday was my birthday and I felt so annoyed with it that I just wanted the day to be over with! So I drank just to "get me through." Stupid, I know, but I am ready to start this next journey and year of my life in sobriety! I want this more than anything! It's my own present to myself. I just get so irritated with the people who surround me being so negative, controlling and hurtful. To hell with them! I'm working on my recovery plan today, and staying focused.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:59 AM
  # 507 (permalink)  

I wish I had more time this morning to reply and postbut I'm running late. Day 2 went well yesterday. My doctor was very understanding and took me off 2 meds but added one to help with my depression. I asked her to let me give it one more month and if I still feel the same, I'll consider it. I see my depression as all situational and pray time will help it resolve itself.

On to Day 3. I'll check in during my break today!
Old 07-14-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 508 (permalink)  

Hi bronzie.....I'm starting day 1 as well but I know SR works!!! We can all do this together
Old 07-14-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 509 (permalink)  

I'm feeling awful this morning and have a long day of work ahead of me.
Not giving up. Day 1 again.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Hi bronzie.....I'm starting day 1 as well but I know SR works!!! We can all do this together
Thanks for your reply. We can do this! Stay strong!
Old 07-14-2016, 04:05 AM
  # 511 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eliasson View Post
I'm feeling awful this morning and have a long day of work ahead of me. Not giving up. Day 1 again.
I feel your pain, especially having to go to work. Stay strong and don't give up! You will get through it and start feeling better soon! We never have to live through another day 1 again!
Old 07-14-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Welcome Bronzie and Lovehoops and anyone I may have missed! I'm going to have another long day at work. I'm obsessing over my problems, worried about tomorrow and having everything done for this meeting with corporate folks. I am trying hard to relax. I can do as much as I can do and no more, and then what happens, happens. I wish I could keep in that frame of mind! All this stress and worry is killing me. It's in my mind 24/7 with no let up. ARRGGGHHH!
But I'm not drinking, today is day five. Physically I feel pretty good and my mind is fairly clear.
Happy Sober Day!
Old 07-14-2016, 04:33 AM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bronzie View Post
Thanks for your reply. We can do this! Stay strong!
We can all do this!!!! we have each other and that counts for something right !!! so much help and advice here, priceless.
Have a great day everyone x
Old 07-14-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 514 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KarenOskie View Post
Welcome Bronzie and Lovehoops and anyone I may have missed! I'm going to have another long day at work. I'm obsessing over my problems, worried about tomorrow and having everything done for this meeting with corporate folks. I am trying hard to relax. I can do as much as I can do and no more, and then what happens, happens. I wish I could keep in that frame of mind! All this stress and worry is killing me. It's in my mind 24/7 with no let up. ARRGGGHHH! But I'm not drinking, today is day five. Physically I feel pretty good and my mind is fairly clear. Happy Sober Day!
Thank you Karen. And congrats on day 5! I can't wait to get there! And keep adding on the days of being sober! I know how it feels to be so stressed out and just want to drink, but it won't help it will just make things worse. Keep going!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:19 AM
  # 515 (permalink)  

Hi again - I joined a while back but the first date did not stick. My new sobriety date is July 11th. Day 4 today and hoping for a great day. I have a problem with Sundays and really do not like them, especially Sunday nights where there feels like a big void in activity and life, so that is why I drank on the 10th. Gotta figure out this Sunday thing. Looking forward to getting to know you all - sorry I have not been active here I am also a member of another group on here! Stay strong everyone!
Old 07-14-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 516 (permalink)  

I've been reading all the comments and I struggle some days too. I'm currently on day 9 and have been white knuckling it almost everyday. It's great to have you all here and we can all stay sober together.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:47 AM
  # 517 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovehoops View Post
Hi...I would like to join the July class. I have been on SR a few times before and it worked for me. I stopped posting and kept away for a few months and started drinking again...(shocker!). I've been drinking for a week straight. I'm. Closet drinker too bc I stopped for like 6 years in 2005, so when I've picked up since then, I don't drink in front of anyone. That's not to say they don't know. My family always catches me and they are furious...I loose their trust,they are so disappointed, blah, blah blah. (My kids are 18, 21 and 23) so they know!!!The sneaking cycle goes on and on for me. -anyway, I've been sneaking for the past week And I want to stop now before it blows up in my face which will happen if I continue!
I'm looking forward to making connections in this group AND i know SR works. It has worked for me before,

Thanks
I love hoops too. College or NBA? Personally I love the game of college basketball (Louisville native & fan here), but can't get into the NBA except for the playoffs/finals. I am a Cavs fan (closest pro-team), so I was happy with the finals this year. I admit recency bias, but I feel safe saying that Game 7 was one of the best basketball games I have seen.

The Battle 4 Atlantis in November looks incredible. A great way to fill time over Thanksgiving week.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 518 (permalink)  

Time For A New Thread

Continues Here;

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post6043925