Notices

One Year & Over Part 39

Old 07-31-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((IP)))

I'm sure soon you'll look back and see this for what it is, a bump in the road.

You're a good decent person who's done a lot to improve herself and her life over the last few years - the right partner is out there

D
Old 07-31-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Nighty - night, Overs!
Old 07-31-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs.

Love that analogy , Dee, bump in the road!

Happy Monday folks.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:35 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hey IP, I agree with the others, and would add, if you feel that there are aspects of yourself you want to work on, counselling or even the right self help books are a good investment.
We are a product of our upbringing to a large extent and often don't realise how much baggage we are taking into all of our relationships. I was needy and insecure, throwing myself into any relationship that offered affection rather than respecting myself enough to wait for the right people to enter my life. Now, friendships are few but those who are, are well chosen and matter to me greatly. And marriage to Mr T is a relationship of equal parts and mutual love and respect. I had grow personally to reach this point and am not ashamed at needing counselling to see where my past impinged on my adult relationships.
It wasn't easy, took time, honesty and hard work. It is also easy to slide if I am not vigilant. But it is worth it.
Zip I love that idea for a reunion. I have never been to any, I moved around a lot and the last school I attended, I was bullied at and don't have the best memories. I'm sure they enjoyed your music!

Hugs to everyone x
Old 07-31-2016, 11:44 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Hey everyone. It's a long weekend here, BC Day is tomorrow. Long weekends right after a breakup are kind of depressing.
There's a family barbecue later, so I get to explain to everyone that yet another one of my relationships failed.
I'm beginning to feel like Bridget Jones......except the less adorable version.
Sigh woe is me. To be honest this isn't the worst breakup I've had, by far. Mostly disappointing. Sad to be alone again. Etc.
But the big lesson here obviously is that I need to learn to be more happy on my own.....not sure why it's so important for me to learn that particular lesson but apparently it is.
I got another job on a show right after this one ends. Its called The Arrangement, its an E! network show, looks pretty bad in my opinion but it looks like it's based on Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise, which is interesting.
I start that show as soon as this one wraps, without a break, and it goes until mid-October. So, no summer for me this year. Oh well, I'm going to have a nice little amount saved up by then, and can take a bit of a break maybe. There is just so much work right now in the film industry here, it's nuts.
Well, I'm trying very hard to dust myself off and move forward. I miss him though.
Anyhoo I'll be fine and better for it I know, just need to get over this hump of sadness.
Enjoy the Sunday, Overs. (I know it's always too late when I say that, most of you are already at the end of the day I know. But I say it anyway.)
InPar love ~ I am sorry about the breakup. And I know this gets frustrating, but it is all practise. All lessons learned that enable us to be in the right frame of mind when the next guy comes along. And he will love, because this wasn't him.

Sorry I've been absent. I have some heavy stuff going on, and I have had had to fight the urge to run. Still fighting.

Old 08-01-2016, 12:07 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Do your best

Suze
Old 08-01-2016, 12:14 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Aw shucks Dee, you're right about IP, but me and Wolfy are taken already!

Seriously IP,
You'll be fine, and the guy for you is looking for you frantically too. When you meet you'll see. Take heart kiddo. He's out there. If you give up, what will happen to him? Keep an eye out.

RZ,
Nice gig theme.

FBL,
Dang I'd forgotten about Pat Paulson, perennial presidential political pundit and candidate extraordinaire! And thanks for that Hollies memory igniter. I loved them and followed lead singer Graham Nash through all his groups, especially CSN and later Y. He just released a new solo album and is going on tour.

Mags,
I feel you. I do hope your career takes a turn to a smoother road for you. Huah on tromping that pity party down until you passed its power forward. Do look around and see if there are any happy places you'd fit like a glove. You do fit here as an appreciated buddy.

Wolf,
Yep, it has been hectic here with getting our tech toys back in harness. Good to hear your family has gotten together for summer break with your niece!

Toots! Wow that was a really stunning Olympics trailer, thanks!

Dharma,
I remember those school age days well. My youngest turns 40 this year so it has been a while. I understand resenting having to wait to drink. Heck, I retired early to drink full time. Work and "Beer - Breakfast of Champions" didn't mix well.

Sassy,
Yeah I was ready for the conventions to be over too. I really liked the DNC speeches and clear issue centric approach. Appealing to the greatness within us is what me and my fellow sheepdogs fought hard to provide. That safe space called the free world. I'm not inspired by fear mongering and xenophobics, let alone bullies. Warriors can tell the cowards from the real deal. In Texas we like to say some folks are "All hat, no cattle."
Dylan's "Times They Are A Changing" is "Like Deja Vu -All Over Again," no?

I've been heads down for a week with a stubborn laptop that refused any more updates a month ago! It was a Windows 7 machine that I'd upgraded to 10 with 2more GBs of RAM, and a new SSD that really sped it up. I had to factory restore it and then 7 froze on the Service Pack1. Then setting up Sling TV as well as another "jail broken" Amazon Fire.

I was against a deadline as free upgrades to Windows 10 ended last Friday the 29th! I figured it all out late Friday and just made it! I spent the weekend setting up sling TV on all my computers, tablets and phones, then set up the new Fire TV on my office system to tweak and tune it until I'm happy with it. Adding Kodi and some other Apps has been "interesting" and a challenge.

I mowed, trimmed, and burned during the break in the rain here. Man it was a week overdue.

So that's what's going on here.

Itchy's thought for the day: Drive defensively, buy a tank.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:17 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Suze,
I'm sorry kiddo, Serenity prayer time, no?

You are so right! I've been hitched for 43 years! It's been one of the best years of my life!
Old 08-01-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

You bet.

And my surgeon suggested I find a good sponsor...nice to have a doctor who is up with our program. And probably a good idea.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:25 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good for you!

"Do or do not do, there is no try."

Old 08-01-2016, 12:30 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Suze,
Be creative:

Old 08-01-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 492 (permalink)