Notices

Class of April 2016 Part 6

Old 07-25-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Me too Winslow. I used to be a one or even 2 Diet Coke per day kind of gal, now I have one every now and then and usually about 30 minutes after I drink it I feel icky. Way to go on quitting those suzie!!
Well I gave in and had a diet soda this afternoon. Was feeling so tired and cranky. I'll give it another go tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:02 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Morning Apriler's!

No drama to report. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Feeling better every day now.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:46 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

hehe move along, funny
Old 07-26-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi ring, kopfan, suzie, josec, Winslow...and all No worries suzie, one addiction at a time! Go easy on yourself, you've accomplished a lot this year. I remember I was so excited when they started selling the 8 oz diet cokes, I thought "great now I'll just have 8 oz instead of 12"....of course then I realized I was drinking much more, having 2 or even 3 of those!
Old 07-26-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Hey all, this diet coke talk has got me wondering if my bad mood is aspartame withdrawal cuz I recently ditched the diet coke again too but I remember when I ditched it last month I was a grump then one day I had one and felt happy, did get a headache from it but my mood was better haha,it's not caffeine withdrawal cuz I'm drinking coffee, this stuff is confusing, had to go to bed super early last night cuz I was a CRAB!!again, why? I'm doing everything right to stay sober,I don't miss the actual booze at all,it's just my emotions are all over,I feel detached from my body and can't think straight, I gotta get a grip or I'm setting myself up for a relapse ya know? I can't do it again, focus,focus,focus,Tati,I really wish you would check in love,I'm a little worried, just a quick hello please,alrighty let's make today shine my peeps!!
Old 07-26-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hello All,

Winslow, working out took those mood swings away for me. I just started hitting the treadmill and walked it off. After awhile they went away. Hang in there. You can do this!.

Kopfan, you are so right when you said that the brain is taking the longest to heal. I still feel like, the best way to explain it is .. It feels sore. borderline headache.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:11 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I am though Jose,doing between 15 and 20,000 steps a day,maybe I need something more aggressive like Tae bo and I agree on the sore head feeling haha
Old 07-26-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

I had a slight headache for a few weeks. It finally went away. I hope everyone gets to feeling better. .

I have had a busy few days and tomorrow will be busy too. Went to a Mexican restaurant last night and my family had a few beers. I just had water. Mom is having her frozen drink right now. I am fine without it and there is ice cream in the fridge. I had fried green tomatoes for supper. I may bake or take a walk. lol

Tati- thinking of you! Check in when you can.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:44 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Ooh,Mexican food sounds good Midwest! I had a diet coke this afternoon for some reason it calms my nerves? So weird
Old 07-26-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Winslow- that is weird! I think caffeine is good at picking you up and it's probably something you enjoy. If it helps it helps!

The Mexican was really good. I had tacos and chips w/salsa. I had ice cream tonight but I walked a few miles and mowed for my mom. It was nice to be able to mow for her and feel good doing it!
Old 07-26-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Josec- I think your house is going to look great! Pass me some of that motivation.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

it's just my emotions are all over,I feel detached from my body and can't think straight, I gotta get a grip or I'm setting myself up for a relapse ya know?
I think all that is porettyn nrmal winslow?
You;re only seetting yourself up for a relapse if you believe that a drink maight fix all that - of course it won;t and I feel sure you know that.

Give yourself a little time - changing our lives isn't easy

D
Old 07-26-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

*Waves* Still here winslow, suzie and midwest!! I just haven't been on the computer lately thats why I haven't been on here. Nothing new to report......Still sober My anxiety has really been taking a toll on me though. I have SEVERE tension in my shoulders and neck. I told my mom this morning I feel like I need to be sedated, because I can't control it by myself. I just can't. I've kind of gotten "good" at just sitting with my anxiety, but it's exhausting. I'm kind of at a point where i'm like ENOUGH already. It's beyond frustrating. Anyway I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Tati, congrats on three months! You have done amazingly well to make it to this point. Continue to work on your sober tool box and listen to the advice that many here have posted. I feel that you are trying to juggle five balls in the air while walking on egg shells on a near daily basis. The stress in many of your posts is palpable.

Getting sober and staying that way is truly a full time 24 hour a day job. Your caregiver status puts incredible stress on your recovery. Make time to allow others to help you put yourself and your recovery first. It is difficult to attempt to white knuckle recovery.

You can't help others if you can't help yourself.

The first three months are about quitting drinking and learning how to respond to life without alcohol. The next three months are about learning to build a solid foundation for a sober life.

Take the time now to build a solid foundation. It will repay dividends many times over down the road.
Thats a great analogy because it definitely feels like that sometimes, and I agree, If i'm out of commission me and my mom are both screwed.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:53 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Winslow View Post
Hey all, this diet coke talk has got me wondering if my bad mood is aspartame withdrawal cuz I recently ditched the diet coke again too but I remember when I ditched it last month I was a grump then one day I had one and felt happy, did get a headache from it but my mood was better haha,it's not caffeine withdrawal cuz I'm drinking coffee, this stuff is confusing, had to go to bed super early last night cuz I was a CRAB!!again, why? I'm doing everything right to stay sober,I don't miss the actual booze at all,it's just my emotions are all over,I feel detached from my body and can't think straight, I gotta get a grip or I'm setting myself up for a relapse ya know? I can't do it again, focus,focus,focus,Tati,I really wish you would check in love,I'm a little worried, just a quick hello please,alrighty let's make today shine my peeps!!
I struggle with this as well. When I'm in a bad mood it's usually because i'm tired of being anxious all the time and I resent the way my brain is programmed. I'm an innately anxious person, and it SUCKS, but it's something I have to accept. Booze is tempting because it's gives us instant gratification, but it's like putting a bandaid on a huge open wound. It's not fixing the problem.

When I stopped drinking diet soda I didn't have any real withdrawals. I did notice I felt less sluggish when I quit. I'd give it like a full week of drinking water, and see if you notice a difference.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hi Tati, so nice to hear from you. We missed you. It's funny how we get so used to hearing from our class almost on a daily basis that we worry when a few days pass. Anyway, I'm glad that all is ok, but I hate that you are still dealing with so much anxiety.

All fine here, just busy work week. I have to finish writing mid year reviews this morning and have a couple today and wrap them up this week. I really have an awesome team at work, and I regret not being fully present and focused for quite a long time. Just hope I can make it up now. I definitely feel like it's going to be catch up mode for a while.

I had a nice time meeting last night with the mom of the little girl in our neighborhood who is undergoing cancer treatment right now. Our daughters are away at Camp Esperanza, this really awesome free camp for kids with cancer/cancer survivors. It brought back a lot of memories listening to her talk--her fears and questions, and her overwhelming exhaustion. We mostly just talked about what she might expect this upcoming year. I was glad I could be someone that she could be honest with and not put on that front you have to put on when everyone is looking at you to be their inspiration or something when all you are doing is surviving day to day. I was grateful to be sober and present for our conversation.

Hope everyone has a good day today. I think you are all amazing.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:25 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Morning Everyone!

It's time to ditch the carbs. One by one my vices are falling by the wayside... smoking, drinking, now chocolate and cookies.

It's got to be done though otherwise I'm never going to fit in those damn Levis ever!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-27-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-7-a.html

D