Eating well
Cleaning house
Cutting the grass
Having a life

Gained from drinking
Blurry Day with lots of guilt.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't want to go back to that. I hope you can get back on track Kaily.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can make tomorrow a productive day. If you are drinking now, dump out the rest.;-)
Old 05-30-2016, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Kaily...boy do we all understand.

Delilah is right, stop NOW if you are drinking, and dump whatever is available to you. If it isn't yours, leave money on the counter for the rightful owner with a note to keep replacements out of your abode or locked up.

Locked up is the arrangement I have with my partner. Locked up as if the bottles were firearms, which they may as well be.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

If only guilt and regret could stop us from drinking again, many of us would have stopped long before we did. Be kind to yourself, and try to focus on what you can do NOW, to quit and stay sober. Do you have a plan?
Old 05-30-2016, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I remember those days....

Today I saw a gorgeous sunrise, went on an 11 mile trail run, had lunch with a friend, washed the sheets, helped my wife make the bed, took a nap with her, played with the dogs, hugged my sister as she left for Chicago, read for a couple hours and am making plans for having friends over for dinner.

I don't miss those missing-out days
Old 05-30-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

When I was drinking, the list of things I accomplished was always shorter than the list of things I didn't get done. Even the simplest of things, like taking a bag of trash to the garage, was overwhelming.

I completely understand where you're coming from. The good news is that you never have to feel this way again. Tomorrow can be a better day if you choose. We're here to help.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Drinking made me miserable , not drinking made me miserable .

By drinking i knew tomorrow was going to 100% be a miserable experience.

With sobriety and working on my life, tomorrow, next week , next month I had the chance of things being better… It has been better

day 3 was better than 3 hrs ,
week 3 better than day 3 ,
month 3 better than week 3 ,
year 3 better than month 3 .

It's sometimes painful to be sober but the pain is worthwhile, i promise

Bestwishes, m
Old 05-30-2016, 01:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Your right Kaily nothing gets done . I hope you can get back on track and back to the car boot sale which i love too by the way and missed when I was drinking , think off the bargains your missing . You can do it
Old 05-30-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Drinking stopped me from doing the things I should, like taking good care of my dogs and cats. So glad those days are gone.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drinking today has stopped me - nope. Didn't drink - instead I cleaned house, prepared some paper work for my new job starting tomorrow, did a bit of shopping, and am now relaxing in a calm frame of mind.

If I had been drinking? UGH

The paperwork wouldn't have been completed, the house would feel chaotic, and I'd be an anxious mess anticipating my first day on the job. Scratch that. I wouldn't even HAVE this job.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Today is day 4 for me if I would've drank I would be sitting on my couch now in a dazy. Making stupid facebook post, calling people I never call, chain smoking a pack of cigarettes, running back to the liquor store before they close to get another 4 pack or half pint and second pack of smokes, and feeling on top of the world not worrying about tomorrow. Then tomorrow waking up dying of thirst, with aniety and diarrhea, calling into work, staying in bed feeling like crap, possibly losing my job, and trying to get back to day 1 again.. so not worth that night of so called fun.. I made a promise to myself "I will not have another day 1" instead today I spent time with my family, cooked dinner, took a nap, watch some movies, and smoked a e-cig, and about to go to bed sober. Tomorrow will be how a work day should, clear headed, stressful of course, BUT without the drank.