OT-Johnny Depp

Old 05-29-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Should I mention Chris brown??? Beats up Rihanna? Trashes hotel rooms. Acts beyond responsibe, and it is all tolerated, and people still "love" him.

My axh is game day staff for a NFL team. One year they had a very successful year. On the sidelines of one of the games, players were jumping on the tables. Security comes over to axh and tells him to get them down. My x tells security, you tell them to get down. Like they listen to anyone. They are treated like God and act like it. They know their behavior is wrong, but choose to do it, because they can. Until our society stands up to their inappropriate behavior, nothing will change. Until we boycott men beating up women, it will be tolerated. Sad state we all live in.
Old 05-29-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey Maia
My daughter and I were talking about the culture of violence and abuse in football. I think it starts in high school. In my state there is currently a big legal battle going on with the parents of a child that was 'raped' and the school system that didn't protect him. I live in a very white, conservative, christian state. He was a black boy, special needs who was on the football team. He was forcibly penetrated with a hanger (OMG) by team mates. Anyway, its just awful. They are suing the school system (which is understandable but I wish they'd sue the individuals responsible) for 10 million. Horrid stuff.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's ridiculous. The attorneys go after the school because they have the insurance money, the families wouldn't. No one would understand the mentality of these football players. They are treated like they are entitled and they act that way also. Very sad!!
Old 05-29-2016, 08:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

So sad-anyone who has could see this-when I first heard the news I said,,"alcoholism addiction" -clear as day-btdt. Then days later the stories come out-aww-yup! No surprise, sadly...hope she gets away and he gets help-long time fan...