Notices

Day three of no alcohol

Old 05-27-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day three of no alcohol

And the funny thing is I'm so used to waking up wondering what I did the night before I still find I do that. I cringe opening up FB wondering what things I wrote or messages I sent and don't remember. My heart starts beating fast. And then I go and look and there is nothing. What a relief. I still miss it, but I'm trying to remind myself I missed the first glass. Once I got past that first glass I started feeling that icky sunken losing myself feeling and I don't miss that at all. I do still wish I could sleep but it's nice waking up sober I will say.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 3 is great. The sleep issues suck but once you're through detox they should start to normalize. Then sleep is amazing. Those old thoughts, the ones that were created by our drinking, take time to change. I posted about my closet, the place where I hid my alcohol and did my drinking. I hate that closet and cringe about 80% of the time I look at it. That'll change over time.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Suzy!!
I hate facebook - quit a few years ago and can honestly say it is a huge relief.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Three days is AWESOME, Suzy! You will be getting good sleep soon!
Old 05-27-2016, 07:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

3 days is GREAT, Suzy. You can do this. One foot in front of the other, one day at a time. Keep us posted. Congratulations.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

At 3 days, you're still in physical withdrawal. It will get better, the longer you're sober.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Grats on day 3
Old 05-27-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I smiled at the FB mention. A beast for me too, at one point. I quit it for awhile, even before becoming sober, and now consciously use it sparingly, only positively, and post minimal stuff! SO much better, and still lets me get its best use- staying in touch with people near and far that I truly care about.

Have a good day 4! And yeah, you'll keep sleeping better particularly with the subconscious knowledge you won't wake up to regrettable junk.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Initial withdraw period is almost over! Yay! Congrats on day 3. Sleep will come soon. I read SR all hours of the night the first week. Good job.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 days. It gets better and better as each sober day passes.

I'm no longer on Facebook either. I know the feeling of waking up the next morning after drinking and checking your past activity on FB from the night before, or checking your dialled numbers on your cell phone...hoping you didn't talk to anyone. I don't miss that feeling at all.

It's nice not having to try and remember things that you did when you were drunk.
Old 05-27-2016, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 3 is wonderful! Congrats!

That first drink is the one that kills us and doesn't deserve to be romanticized. Without it the second or third or tenth drinks never happen.

Keep on doing the next right thing, and remember you don't have to take that first drink today no matter what.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suzyzipper View Post
And the funny thing is I'm so used to waking up wondering what I did the night before I still find I do that. I cringe opening up FB wondering what things I wrote or messages I sent and don't remember. My heart starts beating fast. And then I go and look and there is nothing. What a relief. I still miss it, but I'm trying to remind myself I missed the first glass. Once I got past that first glass I started feeling that icky sunken losing myself feeling and I don't miss that at all. I do still wish I could sleep but it's nice waking up sober I will say.
I can understand this completely. I think when it comes to drinking we love the idea, but we hate the reality. And the reality is what I feel we should stay focused on if we are to maintain sobriety.

Incidentally I've pretty much given up FB too along with the drinking. It was a huge time waster and created more drama than it was ultimately worth. I still log in a couple times a week to check on close friends and family but that is about it. I find I have a low tolerance for stress and drama early in sobriety.

Anyway I wish you the best, I have definitely been in your shoes and it is a huge relief to be able to wake up and remember everything that was said and done the night before, and that's just one of MANY benefits. Good luck to you!
Old 05-27-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keep it up it gets better!!!!!
Old 05-27-2016, 12:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I can certainly relate to the anxiety over drunken FB posts. I have a habit of messaging exgirlfriends and making up stories about the great things I'm up to. I think it makes me momentarily feel good cuz and allows me to escape my reality. Of course, although my posts are good intentioned, I'm sure people are baffled by them since it has been a decade since I've seen them.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great job on day 3 Suzy. The sleep will come, your body is still adjusting.

Keep up the good work.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

That is the worst. Facebook. Oh and checking your texts. What guy that I would not normally ever talk to did I text to hang out with me last night?
Welcome!
Old 05-27-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep going Suzy - you're absolutely on the right road

Congrats on day 3

D
Old 05-27-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Guess what? Tomorrow will be day 4!