Notices

I'm back, day 1 today

Old 05-02-2016, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back, day 1 today

I'm back day 1 today. I haven't been on here in soooooo long. I of course need support. I've been drinking every single day again for over 6 months. I'm going to my first AA meeting tonight at 8:00. I had contemplated doing an intensive outpatient program but with 2 young boys, my husband was like "and i have to take them to piano, scouts, theater, band practice since you will be in meetings from 4;00 until 8:00 everynight?" Ha! Had to rethink that one. I did find some meetings that meet every single day at 8:00 p.m. (which when I typically have my first beer of the day because I am no longer in the car and kids are getting ready for be) so that is great news. I'm going tonight. I'm really nervous. I've never been to an actual AA meeting. I feel so sick though. If I don't go, I'm just going to get sicker.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am in an IOP program and can't imagine stopping on my own. AA is a support group but I needed more. Your husband is being short sighted - you have an illness that is damaging you and your family. Would he complain about time spent in chemo or radiation? Do what you need to do.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks JS

I don't think he is being short sighted on purpose, just realistic about the family dynamics. Of course he would support me if I went (I may go in June if these meetings don't help). It's the timing of the IOP program (it was an issue for me too, I'd give up 2 things I love, scouts & church choir for 8 weeks!). I wish they had them from 7 to 11. I don't need help between 4 and 8. I'm too busy to drink during that time . I was really glad that I have the option to go everyday to AA at 8:00 p.m (and 6:30 a.m. and noon) to the same place not far from work or home. I don't really know what to expect tonight.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

JS - How long have you been in your IOP?

I am wondering how long you have been in your IOP? The first day (I almost went April 11th) we were supposed to be there at 4:00 and then we were going to go a ceramics place or something. I thought that was weird. The next day was the first intense meeting. Needless to say, I didn't go. Summer schedules should ease up so maybe I will go anyway. I'm hoping the AA meeting tonight will be enough until I can go again tomorrow night.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Welcome back, Daylightsavings! Please let us know how the AA meeting goes.

Congratulations on choosing a better way of life for you and your loved ones.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will Casey. I just called them and they said it was a pretty good mix of male and female but Thursday lunch time was mostly women. I have a note on my calendar to eat lunch there that day.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back and taking action to help you stop drinking.

You can always come here and read and post, too.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well darn. I didn't make it to AA last night. My son's crossover ceremony to boy scouts did not end until 8:20. I'm going to try and make the brown bag one today at noon. Rough night. Insomnia, nausea off and on, sweats off and on but I'm at work. No shakes tho... not yet anyway, just hot then cold then hot then cold and not sleeping. I turned the news on to put something in my brain instead of my own thoughts and caught an hour of restless sleep. My husband woke me up so I wouldn't be late to work and asked if I slept all night with the TV on and I said, no, I probably should have, I would have slept better (streaming news, sames stories over and over, easy to sleep through). Day 2.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back Daylight.;-)