Notices

Never poster before - day 4 (again)

Old 04-30-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Also I hear what you say about asking your doctor for help and social services I personally haven't had dealings with them but still worry what the doctor says when he comes across a alcoholic dad. Are they allowed to pass on info like ? I read in the papers a while ago about ago tablet like champax for smokers that made you want to stop drinking but darent ask for it in
Old 04-30-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Your post made my day, Jo. I was worried when we didn't hear back after your first post. I am so glad you didn't drink.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

There you are, firstymer! Thanks for the chat yesterday.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstymer View Post
Your post made my day, Jo. I was worried when we didn't hear back after your first post. I am so glad you didn't drink.
Thanks firstymer. Can't say last night was a breeze but I'm still here and sober! You motivated me a lot and I thank you for that. Positivity is one of the keys for me I think. I'll keep.popping in with my progress.
Thanks again 😊😊😊
Old 04-30-2016, 06:20 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Jo and Mel and Han ? Are you 3 people ha ha. Good luck giving up the wine is so easy to put away in the evening. Do it for the kids I have 2 myself and don't want them growing up watching me drunk.
Haha Ben83! In a way yes I am 3 (with my girls good spot!)
Doing it for us all like I guess you are too.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome Jo! I hope it's going well, you've come to a great spot. We are all pulling for you! Today is three weeks for me and I feel SO much better! The first two weeks were hard, then it got easier, but last night was a close call. I was glad I could come here for support.
It's spooky the way our AV will take over and change our minds if we give it even a moments chance. We have to be so firm with it, and we need help! It can often be much stronger than me alone, but with support it is really very small and can be beaten.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ben83 View Post
Also I hear what you say about asking your doctor for help and social services I personally haven't had dealings with them but still worry what the doctor says when he comes across a alcoholic dad. Are they allowed to pass on info like ? I read in the papers a while ago about ago tablet like champax for smokers that made you want to stop drinking but darent ask for it in
Sadly I am on their radar already from the past so you can see why I fear them (all my own fault I know). There is always an option to report if neglect is suspected but I am sure the medical profession see a lot of it and use their common sense. I believe they take into account the age of the children and whether you have a supportive/drinking partner. Don't take this as gospel and do as you think is right. The main thing is we remain sober and become better parents. Take care Ben83.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Going to bed now on day 5. Done it!!! Sunday tomorrow then bank holiday Monday. If I get there it'll be 8 clean days before work. A first for me in years....anyway for tonight I am sober and pretty happy. Goodnight all xxx
Old 04-30-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Going to bed now on day 5. Done it!!! Sunday tomorrow then bank holiday Monday. If I get there it'll be 8 clean days before work. A first for me in years....anyway for tonight I am sober and pretty happy. Goodnight all xxx
Well done. Sleep well.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:17 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

So happy for you! I'll be 4 years sober on May 16th and I drank every day for YEARS ! Anyone on this site who has maintained their sobriety can tell you that you WILL overcome and the urges DO subside maybe even sooner than you think. Fact is there will come a time when alcohol will not cross your mind for days or weeks at a time and even when it does you won't crave it like you do right now. Please stay sober for yourself and your family. I promise it gets easier and we can all tell you that the feeling you get when you finally realize that sobriety means more to you than drinking is beyond description. It brought me to tears. All of my best and strength to you my friend. Stay strong.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Our stories are pretty identical I'm now 165 days sober my love so If I can do it so can you! It's really important that you do get a recovery plan together, there are AA meetings on during the day too and some are child friendly too. What's helping me is AA and I also see a drug and alcohol counsellor which you can self refer to. I can't say whether your doctor will make a referral to social services or not but mine didn't and I got blood tests, my liver was under stress but soon rectified itself within a few months. It IS hard to deal with this on your own, please do reach out for help from your doctor, AA and drug and alcohol counselling, if you google you should be able to find telephone numbers on line. The only way you can get sober and to stay sober is to put your sobriety first, you have to everything and anything to make this work for you. Can anyone sit your kids for you at all whilst you attend meetings, for example? Make time for yours of to get the support you need. Good luck x
Old 05-01-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

How are you doing today, Jo?
Old 05-01-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by firstymer View Post
How are you doing today, Jo?
I've had a steady day. Washng ironing and made a lovely roast dinner. Enjoying the simple things firstymer and still sober which is making me feel amazing!
Bank holiday Monday tomorrow then back to work. I can see a happiness in my girls already. My youngest had been so chatty and giggly this weekend. So nice to see.
Thanks for checking on me you're very kind xxx
Old 05-02-2016, 02:02 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Gave in last night. Still a little drunk now......I'm a poor excuse for a human. My AV is telling me it doesn't matter but I know it does......I know you guys aren't my conscience/parents but I can't lie to you or else I'm disrespecting the forum which by the way is so good.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Gave in last night.
Care to share what drove you to drink?

Early recovery is tough, with a lot of highs and lows. You need to account for those. You went from a positive post to drinking pretty quick, probably because you mood changed. It's going to, and you need to have something in place when that happens.

...like posting to SR before you drink.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
Care to share what drove you to drink?

Early recovery is tough, with a lot of highs and lows. You need to account for those. You went from a positive post to drinking pretty quick, probably because you mood changed. It's going to, and you need to have something in place when that happens.

...like posting to SR before you drink.
Yes you're right. I was doing pretty well but my bf was away and I let myself be weak. I know full well that I am in for a world of regret and guilt now. It's like a destructive cycle.....hate myself at the min.