Notices

The extraordinary case of Alex Lewis

Old 04-28-2016, 02:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The extraordinary case of Alex Lewis

Sat watching this documentary about a guy who has had to rebuild his life after losing all his limbs and his lips as a result of being struck by a flu Like virus. I have only admiration for him, pro virus a self confessed alcoholic who spent his life in the pub now says he has been given a second chance at life and is grateful for what he has. An amazing man who if he wanted could drown in self pity and booze! Brave guy...very inspiring!
Old 04-28-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe there is a link that you could post ?
Old 04-28-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The Extraordinary Case of Alex Lewis was a curiously consoling vision of catastrophe
Old 04-28-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mountainmanbob View Post
Maybe there is a link that you could post ?
Hoping I have done that correctly! Try clicking on the link belowhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/04/28/the-extraordinary-case-of-alex-lewis-was-a-curiously-consoling-v/
Old 04-28-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Here's a little TV spot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaZJSqrsNEs
Old 04-28-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
An amazing couple.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thank you for the video ZlhZlh & D
Old 04-29-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Absolutely - it really made me sit up and take notice. I just posted the following in our November class.

To see his courage and determination was awe inspiring, there was also an underlying issue with alcohol that he referred too and admitted that his life was becoming problematic through excessive use of alcohol, it was only after this event in his life that it made him truly realise that he was taking things for granted, his situation and courage put things into perspective as to how lucky we are that it didn't take such a life changing event to make you realise what it is you have in life - this guy is definitely someone to look upto and think of his courage in dealing with such adversity with such a positive outlook, it really made me sit up and take note of just how lucky I am - even in his situation you could tell that he was happier within himself than he was when lost in a world of alcohol, I'm sure there isn't a second goes by where he wouldn't want to be back to where he was physically but mentally he seemed at ease and happy to get on with things - realising what was truly important in his life - that tells you something about how powerful sobriety can be. His partner was also an amazing woman and a wonderful son - if Alex can make things work in such trying circumstances then I'm damned sure I can.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Red Andy, exactly how I felt. I Don't think in fact I know I wouldn't have had the courage he did. But it puts everything in to perspective.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When he sat around the table chatting with all his friends you could tell how happy he was, he's some guy that is for sure and agreed I know I would not have the courage to deal with it the way he has - one thing it has ensured is any thoughts of feeling sorry for myself are well and truly put to bed and will be reflected on the next time they arise.

Hope you're doing well to zlhzlh - have a good weekend.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Red Andy, same to you. It's a beautiful day