Notices

Guiltless Weekender Feb 12

Old 02-13-2016, 08:00 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Brynn....I'm glad the party went well for you. And bravo for resisting temptation!
Old 02-13-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
...holds the key

Thanks haf! When we have to go through all the uncomfortable emotions/anxiety it makes you realize you CAN do it and actually live to tell about it! Makes us that much stronger for next time!

Glad your party was fun, too!
Old 02-13-2016, 08:23 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

HaF and Brynn, bravo to you both on your respective parties. I'm glad you both had a good time.

Tetra, if you're always worried he gets upset about random things, I imagine it's rather inhibiting to talk to him? Walking on eggshells? Or no? Sounds like he's on a roller coaster of his own.

Melina, hugs.

Marty, Target is the "far from a dollar" store. Yes, I know that feeling. I try not to go more than twice a month but it is where I go for cleaning supplies.

I'm in bed. I forgot to say, Sao, that I liked the pub pics. Not s trigger. I'd imagine if it were interior shots, it would be different.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:41 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

I'm home from Target, there goes $200. In my defense, I needed a lot of random things for my new house. And I forced myself to linger in the snack aisles and buy anything that remotely looked good to me.

I am now the proud owner of pistachios, giant bag of sour patch kids, a raspberry Danish, 4 kinds of ice cream, licorice nibs, hot chocolate mix, microwave popcorn, Cheetos, coffee, quick fixes like canned soup and ramen to jazz up, oatmeal, yogurt and bananas to make it all healthy. I would've bought more but I didn't know how the parking situation was gonna be when I got back and I didn't want to be sherpa-ing my haul through the streets of Chicago.

I'm not messing around if the AV comes back after last week's shenanigans. I'm taking it old school to the first days of recovery where I will eat my cravings and irritations while I get my head where it needs to go.

It's been quite a day and I only left the house once. My heart is heavy for all addicts in light of the person I knew who died. It could've been me, chasing that one last buzz.

Hug yourselves tight, we are making it if we are still here. We get to live to fight another day. I have to remember how grateful I am for that when the load gets heavy and intense.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:29 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone,

Took me a long time to catch up on the thread but I was pleased to read that bim is well

Jsbodhi, I hope your move got finished ok without your mum giving away any more of your things

I went to see Deadpool last night and much to my surprise I really enjoyed it - for anyone else who sees it make sure you stay for the post credits sign off. There is a character in the film called Weasel lol!
Old 02-14-2016, 03:18 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep on Melina

Lots going on here guys , gonna keep on in the moment for today and digest it see what occurs ,
nothing to worry over just considering changes and looking at if life feels on the right course or not .

Stay in the zone all ,

m
Old 02-14-2016, 03:19 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Morning!!!! Super cold here. The heat had troubles keeping up last night. I have the fireplace going and candles. Quite cozy.

Chuckle is going bonkers. Crazy cat! He is 14 years old and acts like a 1 year old with running and jumping and playing. He kills me with his cuteness.

Morning Sao! SW! Everyone!

I Need to catch up some.

K
Old 02-14-2016, 03:47 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Happy Valentine's Day

My Dad brought me breakfast in bed (toast, eggs, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes and tea) so I know that someone loves me a lot, even if my parents do worry about me too much.

And I am grateful for his care and support. I really am.

I just looked at Facebook (really should get off it). One friend had a photo of a necklace accompanied by the words "the boy did well". It fascinates me how everyone is determined to share every tiny detail of their lives. (No I am not bitter )

I am going to start a Gratitude Journal as I read in that book last night. Each night I will write down at least one thing I am grateful for. Today I think it is the gorgeous sunny day we have today after all the rain. Too beautiful to stay indoors.

Have a nice day, whatever you get upto.

I saw this picture online and thought it was funny:
Attached Images
Old 02-14-2016, 04:01 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm not going to look at facebook today. I did yesterday, and the statuses had already started. I don't need reminders of what I don't have.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're special to us MLD - don't let some arbitrary holiday define your self worth

join us here for part 2, guys:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html

D