Notices

nightmares

Old 02-07-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nightmares

Nightmares aren't new to me. Have gone as long as three or fourbmonthsbstrsight having nightmares everytime I slept. They have started back up. I hate them, can't seem to call asleep till about 3 or 4 am but then by that time I've knocked myself out pretty well. Keep wandering of the pills I use to help me sleep may be causing the bad nightmares. Most nights I use remeron and xanaxs and after a few hours I get so tired a finally fall asleep into a deep sleep. But it's time to stop using them, not ready for withdraws, beginning to realize I'm afraid of them. Then also I have plenty of each of those pills, knowing they are in reach I'll only and up using them. use my share of painkillers also. they're all in reach . Cant bring mysrlf to flush them. Not yet any way, I know that sounds really bad.
Old 02-07-2016, 06:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your nightmares. If they've been going for a while would you consider seeing someone about them?

I really think relying on pills to sleep is a dangerous road to be on..I relied on alcohol to help me sleep and look where that got me?

D
Old 02-07-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know what caused past nightmares. these nightmares now started about 3 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure, anxiety, pills , years are causing them. Lest that's what a feel. I can already tell its going to be a sleepless night. Been telling myself all evening I don't need anything to help me sleep. I have to be at my mom's in the morning, I help take care of her. She had dementia and I'm the beginning stages of Parkinson disease. I need to have my witts about me. It's like I'm already coming up with excuses why I need to take something . it's crazy, I'm already considering what to gave with tomorrow just in case I feel the need to take something. im questioning if im going yo be able to come clean this time around.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I'm sorry you're having so many difficulties but I agree with Dee that the pills are not your friend in this case. Have you considered seeing a Dr. and maybe trying a natural sleep aid like melatonin?
Old 02-08-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

I suffered horrible nightmares for most of my life I always tell ppl they will fade over time which they do but if you had nightmares before your alcoholism or drugs etc then I agree with D's advice about speaking to someone about them

I still get nightmares I try not to tell ppl that in case it scares them but they are significantly decreased in sobriety but yes I still get the occasional one

If you ever want to talk send a pm bud