Last three words you'd say to your ex...

Old 02-08-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

You know, I wish I could really really hate him. The only thing I hate is that deep down I still feel love for him and pity for him. And honestly, I am sick how I much I miss my husband, the "good side" of him. Or was he good when he wanted to suck me back in?

But if I could really really hate, if I could suppress every nice memory I have of us, the last three words would be "So long , sucker!" The last four would be "Good-bye and good riddance!"
Old 02-08-2016, 07:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Ladyscribbler, so funny!!!

Mine would be I loved you. When I read that, right at the top of the list, it took my breath away. Because I thought I could love him out of alcoholism, and I am still so mad that I loved him so much and got so little in return. (I still have some work to do regarding resentment).
Old 02-08-2016, 08:06 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

^ I totally get that. I did love him, too. So very much. Blindingly. I thought I could love him enough to make his demons go away-and I think that was my job, he told me as much-I was supposed to make him better and keep him in line. I tried so damn hard. I did love him and even loved him when he would abuse me. I'm sorry for what you went through, friend, but glad you are here!!
I choose each day not to hate him bc hate only eats me up and doesbt allow the light in my life-it is a struggle at times to not hate someone that has abused his own kids, but I choose not to hate. Sometimes it takes praying over and over again to not hate or act out of that feeling. It's hard-and I too have a lot of work to do on resentments. My focus will be those once I heal from the trauma. But, I loved him.