Notices

Last Time

Old 02-19-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Do your best

Maverick is this a good idea there is no need to test yourself so soon & if it feels like a test I personally wouldn't do it & to add to that if they are your friends couldnt they respect your sobriety & not offer you drinks ?

Maverick do you feel so safe in your sobriety that you won't be tempted if that's the case cool but please think about this

Sorry if I sound a bit cautious
Old 02-19-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

There is no shame in failure only defeat. This is for you my friend now that you are back in the arena:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. .
Old 02-19-2016, 09:40 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I agree with Wolf, being extremely cautious is never a bad thing. I would definitely have an "out" if you feel stressed.

It would be a shame to get stuck in a situation where you drink on that 16th day, feel like crap in the morning, the perfect remedy is a couple cold ones to bring you back to life, well, now its two days of drinking......and....I think you get the picture. Just trying to be helpful. Best wishes.
Old 02-19-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I certainly appreciate the words of wisdom so thank you people. Honestly, if I didn't feel 100% that I won't drink tomorrow then I would cancel the night out. I just wouldn't risk it but I know deep down I'm done with it forever. In many ways making that statement tomorrow will be another checkpoint as once they have accepted it I won't have to face that situation with them again. I can assure you all my next post after Saturday will be a positive one :-)
Old 02-19-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

I also don't see anything wrong in being cautious.

I know not to swim in rips because I respect the sea.
Same principle applies to drinking situations.

I think that cautious investment of my time and my decisions in the beginning paid off in the lasting recovery I have today.

Still I've also learned peeps are gonna do what they're gonna do.

Looking forward to that positive post Maverick

D
Old 02-20-2016, 11:48 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I decided not to go in the end. I wasn't worried about drinking just more didn't want to face all the drunken behaviour :-)
I was out detecting for over 8 hours yesterday so feel physically drained, it's a good drained though!
Old 02-20-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time!
Old 02-21-2016, 12:10 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Cheers! Off into the rain and cold again ha ha

Last edited by maverickspoint; 02-21-2016 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Posted twice
Old 02-21-2016, 02:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope you find something again Maverick
Old 02-21-2016, 09:43 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hope you find something again Maverick
Always find something just a case of whether it is good or not! ;-)
Found a silver hammered Elizabeth 1st sixpence and a few other cool things so happy! 16 hours in the fields this weekend, no way I could do that if I was drinking still.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:01 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day 25 :-)
Had a dream last night I drank 2 pints, felt so awful I had failed. Anyway, just a dream so happy about that.
I find myself thinking about sitting in pubs drinking again, just slip in without me realising, I think I miss the experience but not the alcohol. Problem is I am too self conscious to do it on my own without alcohol. It's not a threat to my sobriety just things I am thinking about. I am definitely becoming more of a recluse without alcohol in my life, I spend all my weekends out in the fields and my week nights locked away in my room. I don't actually mind, at all, I am really happy I am comfortable with my own company as when I was drinking I was so emotionally fragile I needed to be around people.
A life as a nomad it is :-)
Old 02-29-2016, 01:29 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Do your best

Mav I've just had an idea you know how you like searching for stuff have you ever thought about joining a dig somewhere im sure they do stuff like that kinda like time team who do excavations etc

would that interest you meeting like-minded ppl who proberly don't drink ?
Old 02-29-2016, 01:46 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Mav I've just had an idea you know how you like searching for stuff have you ever thought about joining a dig somewhere im sure they do stuff like that kinda like time team who do excavations etc

would that interest you meeting like-minded ppl who proberly don't drink ?
Hey, yeah they do detector rallies with large groups so may do a few of those this year! I am also thinking of doing an part time archaeology course later this year too so hopefully I'll get to join a society and get out on some excavations in the future :-)
Old 02-29-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Do your best

Now that is seriously good news Mav well happy for you its pretty incredible the finds you have found and I hope you find many more

Good stuff Maverick