Notices

Class of November 2015 Part 10

Old 03-29-2016, 11:38 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Good to see you SM, well done on those sober days, keep racking them up.

I don't watch the show you mention but the fear of relapse is always with me. So many people with multiple day ones. So many people with months and years of sober time who come back to SR to start again.

I get anxious when I think about this. I ask myself if this will be me, why wouldn't it be me because I'm in no way special. And then, just like I am now, I dismiss these thoughts as defeatist, if I think it might happen it probably will.

So my sober journey continues, I will never drink again.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pams View Post
Hi everyone. I have been AWOL from the class for a few months. I have also not been sober. Sigh. But here I am, declaring another Day 1.

I think I will hop over to the March class but will check in here once in awhile to see how everyone is doing.
Welcome back Pams!!!
Old 03-30-2016, 08:59 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
Hi everyone. Yes the AV is a relentless little bugger. I'm glad you are shutting down the nasty voice. I had a rough moment yesterday as well, but made it through.

I've also been eating like a pig and not exercising. Ugh. The weathers been gloomy here, I need some warmer temps and sunshine!! I want to walk outside but it's cold and rainy with snow!

Welcome back Pam! Keep posting. I'm in the March class too!
The last two weeks have been all about Easter candy for me! Yikes! I ate a ton of the stuff I bought for the baskets and had to go back and buy more! I think I gained 5 pounds from junk!
Today I'm going to pick up healthy food and clear out the junk!
Old 03-30-2016, 09:05 AM
  # 504 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Checking in with you all. Dropped for a while and joined the March 2016 thread. I caught up on some posts and see that I am not alone, many posts reminded me of myself and my struggles. This journey is hard and I have fallen short.i feel like I've made some progress. I am just now seeing the reality of the cycle I am in. Sounds weird since I have been trying to long. Truth is the cycle I am in starts with wanting to relax, then I feel free, I guess that's the high, then I crash so low and fight to get back to center. It's s crazy cycle. Luckily nothing really bad has happened during one of these episodes. Now my husband is having blackouts too. Scary. I am now realizing my lifetime goal must to stay center in the sweet spot between the high and low without drinking. Seems so simple.
Rah- My son asked me if perhaps I was using "stress, dinner's out, etc...as an excuse to drink when I told him I really didn't have cravings for alcohol. Now I realize I think of alcohol everyday. Not always knock down cravings, but the float in and out. I wonder if it's like quitting smoking. It took time, but now I rarely think of cigarettes at all...even when others around me are smoking.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Administrator

We continue here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-11-a.html