Notices

Class of August 2014 Part 21

Old 03-21-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Hey guys

Hoping you all had a great weekend. Mine had plenty of relaxing but I did manage gym, swim and a kitchen deep clean to burn off some calories.

Well done on the AV ducking! He does pay me a little visit every now and again and usually I can see it and laugh. Adios AV, ha ha ha.

Have one of those busy weeks coming but all is good, doing well at work. I am working with a new counsellor weekly who is very good on work related stuff.

Soon it's a couple of days off for Easter which I am looking forward to as I have limited plans other than downtime 😀
Old 03-21-2016, 02:48 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Woooooohoooooooo short week London! I feel the downtime plans!
Quick post as at work

Have a great week all xx
Old 03-21-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Happy Monday kids!

Fun day yesterday. Kid play date at the park, but a few of my friends came and we skateboarded down hills on a board with blow up tires. Also messed around with a kite for kiteboarding surfing, just getting in the air in the park. Super cool, looks like that will be a new activity at the beach. Looking into gear now. Can't have too many toys... Never grow up. Forget your age and just have fun man.

Busy week too, but rested and mentally ready to kick some ass.

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman.

Big fist pump at ya!
Old 03-21-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Nice work Team! Keep it up!
Old 03-21-2016, 11:53 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday folks.

It's cold but the sun is shining!

Birds tweeting

My magnolia tree is in bud 😀

Fresh cafetiere of coffee on the go

What a start to the day!

Hope you are all healthy and happy and wish you good fortune today 😊 xxx
Old 03-22-2016, 12:10 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Morning Team A

On my way to work. Cold and nice and bright, feel alert and ready for the day and I don't smell of alcohol! Wouldn't change that ;-)

Have a great day all and roll on the holiday weekend
Old 03-22-2016, 02:53 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday!

Pink, I love magnolias! Brings back childhood memories. London, I hear you on the being alert and no alcohol smell, attitude of gratitude man.

Gotta jump here, have a fantastic day kids.

"Be yourself, everyone else is taken." Oscar Wilde

Giddy up.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Happy hump day!

Bought a quick fun book, called the book of awesome yesterday by Neil Pasricha. It is simply a huge gratitude list, some very good ones and it certainly will make you smile. I recommend taking a look.

Hope everyone is doing well, found out my business trip this week does not require an overnight. So I can sleep in my bed and still hit the gym. Sweet fancy Moses baby!!

Found a guy at the gym who has been kiteboarding for fifteen years, he is sending me a list of tips and recommendations. Amazing what happens when we talk to strangers.

"We must all suffer one of two things, the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment." Cindy Kersey.

Go rip it up.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Let's have a great day Team!
Old 03-23-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hey all!

Determined I have always wanted to do kitesurfing, it's another thing on the list!
Glad work us being kind to you this week! Another fab quote too, you make me smile every day x

I'm busy busy busy juggling work and life which are both hectic. But I'm clear headed, I can do this!

London! One day left! Woooooohoooooooo! !!

Have a great day all xxz
Old 03-23-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Greetings!

It sounds like everyone is doing well. I am still in Florida with my cousin. This cousin is like a sister - her mother was my father's sister, and her father was my mother's brother, so we shared the same two sets of grandparents, etc. She does not want to be here or on the Cape for Easter - just not ready for a celebration, after losing her husband and both her siblings within a year, so we are going to hit the road on Friday or Saturday and will take the long road home - Savannah, Hilton Head, Charleston, Baltimore, right up to the Cape - no idea how long we will take.

I did not buy a new tablet, so I am using my phone - which isn't easy.

The av has visited a few times, and my worst feeling is one of almost sadness, that I will never be able to enjoy a drink and end it with one. I see so many people doing that, this cousin will order a glass of wine and leave half......why can't I be indifferent to it? Who knows, but I know it is an all or nothing thing with me, and I have chosen the NOTHING. My addictive personality definitely shows itself with chocolate and ice cream, and I still indulge it.

I will read while on the road, but I am not sure if I will get to post or not. I will be thinking of you, and I know you will all be doing just as well.

Let's keep on keeping on.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:38 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Scooter hope your road trip is fun, safe, peaceful, therapeutic and exciting. I hear you on the av, I feel sorrow, feels like grief sometimes. You are strong and you can do this, no point in looking back. We don't need the poison to make us happy, and we function so much better without it. And you can drive without worrying about being pulled over! Thinking of you my lovely, and hoping you enjoy the time with your family as much as possible xxx
Old 03-23-2016, 05:54 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hey scooter, I could feel how you were feeling from your post. Pink is spot on, we don't need it. Nevertheless, that AV paints a sad story sometimes, other times it makes you feel like you can't enjoy yourself forever without it. All lies, we know the real deal. Keep on keepin on friend. Much love your way.
Old 03-23-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

And pink, thanks for your early post! Made me smile, will keep you posted on the kiteboarding!
Old 03-24-2016, 01:09 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Matchsticks needed for my eyes today! Tired! But.......hangover free baby! Never gets old!

What doe s everybody have planned for easter. . We have a 4 days off and no plans as yet, so will most likely take it as it comes, maybe have a dy at the beach, a day doing bits around the house, maybe the odd lunch or dinner out, and generally everything at a relaxed pace 😀 sounds a bit boring for some, but I like the sound of it, a bit of chill is exactly what this house needs!

Planning way ahead for an America road trip in 2018, just bought an a0 map and fixed it to the kitchen wall. We have got no further than that, but have 2 years to plan! I have only 1 request, and that is to visit alcatraz. The other half has only 1 request, and that is to visit a national park. We will have 3 weeks out there, so am looking forward to choosing a route! All suggestions gratefully received!

Have read through the fostering paperwork, and sent off for an application. This is still not a firm commitment, but a step closer to it becoming a possibility!

Right, kettle is whistling, and I need coffee! Have a fab day all xxx
Old 03-24-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Happy Thursday, weekend in sight!

Parents staying over for a couple of nights for Easter. I have a friend that runs a vegan restaurant, so I am catering from there again. Meatballs, gnocchi, stuffed chicken, potato salad. All so good you would think its the real thing.

Pink, what time of year are you coming and what airport are you flying into? Helping you frame it out sounds like fun! What kinds of things sound best to you? New York is a must, sounds like California is on your list, which is fantastic! More to come on this topic for sure. Fostering idea is freakin fabulous!!

Got a day trip for work today, time to rock and roll.

"I am a kind of paranoid person in reverse. I suspect people of planning to make me happy." J.d. Salinger

Let's do this.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

Determined it will be may 2018 for 3 weeks. Don't know where we are flying in! Literally have a map and an idea and that is all so far!!! So many things I'd like to see but they ate all so far apart and 3 weeks isn't long! Coast, South, middle, top, a triangle, follow the missisippi......who knows! Having a map on the wall is progress!
Old 03-24-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread guys

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-22-a.html

Hope everyone has a great Easter break

D