relapse, relapse, relapse

Old 12-11-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

My husband is Bi Polar and I have lived with him unmedicated. I do believe your Ex is in a manic phase. Since he has been diagnosed There is NO EXCUSE for this type of behavior or choice, and it is a choice to not take the meds, . No one would ever guess my husband is BP because the medication is so advanced now its truly miraculous. Mental illness requires a commitment, much like sobriety, to wellness.

Its also not something to play with on your end. Please stay far, far away from this person. IMO the idea of someone like this being my nurse, or anyone's for that matter, is terrifying. He can't finish any program in this state of mind. More than that when did your life and sanity become less important than his? Its common for BP to threaten suicide. I note that as many times as he has he's still here, and still contacting you. Threats of suicide should always be taken seriously, and reported to the authorities to deal with. The best thing that could happen to him would be to be committed to receive the medication and care he desperately needs. Worrying about his degree is future tripping, he isn't capable of a job at McDonalds's right now.

Give him his stuff back. Stuff is just stuff - sanity is priceless. No go on coming to your house - mail it to his mom. Take out the RO. Report anything regarding suicide to the police they WILL respond via a well check and hopefully take him to a hospital resulting in a psyche eval and treatment.

Stay safe, stay strong.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redatlanta View Post
My husband is Bi Polar and I have lived with him unmedicated. I do believe your Ex is in a manic phase. Since he has been diagnosed There is NO EXCUSE for this type of behavior or choice, and it is a choice to not take the meds, . No one would ever guess my husband is BP because the medication is so advanced now its truly miraculous. Mental illness requires a commitment, much like sobriety, to wellness.

Its also not something to play with on your end. Please stay far, far away from this person. IMO the idea of someone like this being my nurse, or anyone's for that matter, is terrifying. He can't finish any program in this state of mind. More than that when did your life and sanity become less important than his? Its common for BP to threaten suicide. I note that as many times as he has he's still here, and still contacting you. Threats of suicide should always be taken seriously, and reported to the authorities to deal with. The best thing that could happen to him would be to be committed to receive the medication and care he desperately needs. Worrying about his degree is future tripping, he isn't capable of a job at McDonalds's right now.

Give him his stuff back. Stuff is just stuff - sanity is priceless. No go on coming to your house - mail it to his mom. Take out the RO. Report anything regarding suicide to the police they WILL respond via a well check and hopefully take him to a hospital resulting in a psyche eval and treatment.

Stay safe, stay strong.
Redatlanta,

I've been thinking about your words specifically the last few days. I too believe he is in a manic phase. I've watched him struggle with his bipolar disorder for years. He's seen several psychiatrists, been admitted to wards, tried a dozen medications, but ultimately---he ends up stopping therapy and stopping his medication. (I realize this is part of his illness and that it is also by choice.)

I'm sad to report that my cousin is also bipolar. She is 18. Last week she ran away from home. She was arrested on Friday for "dancing in the middle of the street" and was put on a 5150 at a psych ward near our hometown. She too went off her medication a few weeks ago and was in a manic phase.

Thank you for sharing your experience with me.