Notices

The kids have broken me today

Old 11-29-2015, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The kids have broken me today

I have literally reached my limit 2day!!! Ive got a 3 & a 2 yr old anyway & then last night (overnight) & today ive had my friends 3 yr old too. I haven't even had a pee in peace!!!!! All I've heard all day is shouting, screaming, fighting, moaning!!!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!
Luckily the visitor has left now & my fiance is home from work. In the past this would b my queue to crack open the vino.....but now ive settled for a hot shower, relaxing on my bed logging onto here!!!! Now breath. ..........!!!! I seriously don't know how any of u guys do it with more than 2!!!!! So glad im not having anymore!!!!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh god, I know how you feel. Mine are very close in age and that 2-4 year old window was, um, challenging. I remember people would smile and say to me "don't you just love this age? Aren't they so adorable?" and I would think "Actually I am finding this age to be rather annoying!"
I am sorry for your frustrating day. It does get easier. Mine are now 7 and 5.5 and while we still have our moments things are MAJORLY better than they were a few years ago.
Good on you for finding a way to relax without the wine. The wine only makes it worse in the long run.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I never had kids. I know I couldn't have handled it on top of everything else. And now seeing my sister deal with her preschool agers gives me new admiration for those who survive those early years.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My kids are grown and gone now, but when I look back at their childhood, I don't know how I managed...
Old 11-29-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It could relate to what they're eating over the holiday. My niece and nephew have been much more defiant and noisy than usual and my sister thinks she accidentally gave them popcorn with the yellow 5 dye in it. That, plus red dye are in a lot of foods and affect a lot of children the same way. We already know she can't give it to the boy without really hyper, obnoxious behavior resulting.

And then of course, there's a lot of sugary food about, which can make them wild, too.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats LouLou
Old 11-29-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I had a guy at work who's wife got pregnant with their first. He was telling us how prepared he and his wife were because they had a dog. Those of us who had kids just turned to each other and laughed.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Being a parent is the hardest job ever. I'm glad you are giving yourself some me time, even if it's just for a few minutes.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, feel much better now, id deffinately bitten off more than i could chew with an extra 1 over the last 24 hrs.
Back to normality tomo, me & my 2 boys & then a 10 hr late shift at 4, right now tho, I'm so glad not to b gagging for a drink!
Old 11-29-2015, 08:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sometimes work gives me the peace and quiet I don't get at home. I'm glad you made it through the kiddy chaos. Mine are 10 and 7 so they don't need such intense supervision but I can't get quiet even if I go to the toilet. And they fight. It helps to just step outside and take a few deep breaths.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I am so lucky to be a grandma as I can just give them back .
Old 11-30-2015, 01:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job on pushing through LouLou!!

Hot showers don't come with the added bonus in the morning of a hangover!!