Notices

The consequences....

Old 11-27-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zebra1275 View Post
If you stop drinking you will likely lose some weight. And you might find that your wallet is a little bit heavier!
No kidding Zebra! My wallet is pretty light right now.

I guess I'm pretty impatient...it's only been 12 days of sobriety & I want everything to be better instantly. Haha.

I'll get there. First things first. Thx for your reply!
Old 11-27-2015, 07:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Kiki-I also gained 35 pounds over a 2 year period while drinking (I ate while drinking too) and that just added to my depression and drinking. I didn't want to leave the house because I went from 127 to 162 (which is more then I weighed when I delivered my children) and I was so ashamed. I was paying $149 a month for a gym membership and was too embarrassed to go. So I stayed home and drank as soon as I picked up my son from school and didn't have to leave to house.
I started an exercise/eating program about 5 months ago and have been slowly dropping some weight, while building great muscle tone, but I was only allowed 2 glasses of wine a week and that would never work for me, and I was too hungover to do a lot of the exercise each day.
I had my last binge earlier this month and as you know I'm 20 days in. I've been really able to follow my plan and exercise daily now (because I'm not hungover) and I have high hopes that the weight will be melting off! I've lost 20 pounds altogether, but 6 since I stopped drinking! (Even though the scale hasn't moved in a week despite clean eating and daily exercise). I hear it takes time for our body to reset, but then it starts melting off. I hope so!
Long story short.....move more and make healthy food choices along with your sobriety and you'll be back to your normal weight before you know it.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keepnitreal View Post
Kiki-I also gained 35 pounds over a 2 year period while drinking (I ate while drinking too) and that just added to my depression and drinking. I didn't want to leave the house because I went from 127 to 162 (which is more then I weighed when I delivered my children) and I was so ashamed. I was paying $149 a month for a gym membership and was too embarrassed to go. So I stayed home and drank as soon as I picked up my son from school and didn't have to leave to house. I started an exercise/eating program about 5 months ago and have been slowly dropping some weight, while building great muscle tone, but I was only allowed 2 glasses of wine a week and that would never work for me, and I was too hungover to do a lot of the exercise each day. I had my last binge earlier this month and as you know I'm 20 days in. I've been really able to follow my plan and exercise daily now (because I'm not hungover) and I have high hopes that the weight will be melting off! I've lost 20 pounds altogether, but 6 since I stopped drinking! (Even though the scale hasn't moved in a week despite clean eating and daily exercise). I hear it takes time for our body to reset, but then it starts melting off. I hope so! Long story short.....move more and make healthy food choices along with your sobriety and you'll be back to your normal weight before you know it.
Yay! I can't wait til mine melt off!!! More hope.... :-)
Old 11-27-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Quitting drinking opened the way for a much healthier life style for me. I started exercising daily and eating well. Drinking 1.5-2 gallons of water a day. I managed to lose 60lbs in about 6 months. So yes, the damage you've done in terms of weight gains can be reversed! You just really have to want it and fully commit to it. No one else will do it for you, it's now or never! Push yourself to the limit everyday and you will see results quickly
Old 11-27-2015, 10:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juppe View Post
Quitting drinking opened the way for a much healthier life style for me. I started exercising daily and eating well. Drinking 1.5-2 gallons of water a day. I managed to lose 60lbs in about 6 months. So yes, the damage you've done in terms of weight gains can be reversed! You just really have to want it and fully commit to it. No one else will do it for you, it's now or never! Push yourself to the limit everyday and you will see results quickly
I like that!!
Old 11-27-2015, 10:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up. You can get sober and loose weight too. The more you feel bad about yourself, the harder you will make it to be the best you can. We all believe in you and know you can do this. Look in the mirror and say "I am beautiful." Then just set goals you would like to achieve like sobriety and weight loss and make it a reality.