Notices

Relapsed again

Old 11-25-2015, 09:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Relapsed again

I relapsed again on pills. I have been sober from Alcohol for 6 years but I picked up a cough syrup habit. I am going to a first step meeting tonight. Thoughts please be with me. If you need pills to deal with a stress of a job you don't need that job. Recovery needs to be #1.

Love Mcribb
Old 11-25-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Mcribb...hope you have a good meeting tonight and remember that SR is always here too.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I am sure my meeting will be awesome. I will have the love and support of my sponsor and people who love me. It will be on my conditions which is what every alcoholic deserves.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling positive and have a good plan.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your here with us Mcribb have a good meeting
Old 11-25-2015, 12:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for what happened, but I'm glad you made it back McRibb

D
Old 11-25-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mcribb - I'm so glad you posted. Glad to know you're taking action. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Mcribb.

Have a great meeting; let us know how it goes.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I seen alot of my friends turned into zombies with the cough syrups and pills. I know it's not easy but you can do it.

Welcome back!
Old 11-25-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SLD

I am back on the forum after a couple years hiatus... I went in the other direction... was an opiate addict for years, still am. Now I'm an alcoholic, too.

Sounds like this...
ME: Opiates --> Alcohol
YOU: Alcohol --> Opiates

I hope we can act as a warning to others. An addict has a brain that is PRONE to addiction OF ANY SORT. Grab a handful of valium to sooth withdrawals from opiates, soon you become a benzo fiend.

All that said, GOOD LUCK with recovery; please wish me luck too. I am 3 days sober and quite ill right now.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

I m really glad both of you made it back Mcribb and SLD. It takes a lot of courage to be honest and come back after having some clean/sober time.
I m also glad you are reaching out to your friends in AA.
You can do it
Old 11-25-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I went to the meeting with my sponsor and grand sponsor. We talked about how it isn't a job, it isn't girls, it isn't life, it is your brain that screws you over. Going forward my sobriety has to be #1. I left the meeting feeling pretty down which is expected since I am detoxing. It felt good to be honest about the way I feel about my body and the way I feel about life. It is good to know AA is there and that I can always reach out and get help. I know that little by little that it will get better, first it may get worse because I screwed up. It is o.k. it happens. Important thing is that I am o.k. in the here and now and that I get leverage on myself. I got a good workout partner, good sponsor, and good support. I will have a better life moving forward and I am going to remain positive.
Old 11-26-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

When I got sober I had to get my head round nothing comes before my sobriety

Glad your bk with us bud
Old 11-26-2015, 12:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Mcribb, I hope you are keeping well, I too am a cough syrup addict but kicked it 9 years ago, what a bummer I thought I had found the elixir of life.
I loved the warm feeling at first but I didn't like the searching of Pharmacies for more and more as the tolerance escalates very quickly, so then I found over the counter Neurofen plus.
I was on 4 24x boxs a day a day and burned a hole in my stomach from the anti inflammatory ingredient.
It was not a nice feeling coming down from it either, a bit like heroin withdrawal.
Get yourself to a gp and get help and then to na to stay clean.
Good luck my friend
Old 11-26-2015, 01:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I just remembered the days of having the right way of them handing it out, Dry cough , no sleep, awake all night, dressed in a suit with a gold pen tucketneatly in my top pocket and car keys in my hand.
The pharmacist was mine from the get go until i went back to the same one that day because of a memory lapse and was shown the door.
Also a few weeks into it my complexion took on the colour of a heroin addict and the game was up. I spent more on petrol than codeine,
Old 11-26-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome back Mcribb. I remember your posts here from back when I first joined in 2012. I relapsed somewhere in between there and now. The good news is that were both back here.

The other good news is that your Kansas City Royals made it all the way this year!
Old 11-28-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
SLD

McRibb, it sounds like you are headed in the right direction... good luck to you, stay strong, remember, it is all a head game after the physical WD's subside. It's like the drug is an alien conscious entity that transmits evil thoughts into your brain to trick you up. Fight it!

Originally Posted by paddyjnr1 View Post
Also a few weeks into it my complexion took on the colour of a heroin addict and the game was up. I spent more on petrol than codeine,
Been to the UK many times, and was shocked to see fairly potent codeine tabs sold OTC. Believe me, as an opiate fiend, I fairly drooled and certainly tried some, but my tolerance was so high at the time, it was like eating chalk tabs. Absolutely nothing!

I wonder how many young UK citizens have traveled a very bad path due to those tabs?
Old 11-30-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SLD View Post
McRibb, it sounds like you are headed in the right direction... good luck to you, stay strong, remember, it is all a head game after the physical WD's subside. It's like the drug is an alien conscious entity that transmits evil thoughts into your brain to trick you up. Fight it!

Been to the UK many times, and was shocked to see fairly potent codeine tabs sold OTC. Believe me, as an opiate fiend, I fairly drooled and certainly tried some, but my tolerance was so high at the time, it was like eating chalk tabs. Absolutely nothing!

I wonder how many young UK citizens have traveled a very bad path due to those tabs?
They were over the counter until two years ago but you can still buy them if your a good manipulator and dressed accordingly.
i was up 4 boxs of 24 tabs a day until my stomach started bleeding..
You damn heroin abusers saved me or my stomach would of fallen apart completely.
You build up a tolerance very quickly with them and they lower your pottassium levels which makes your heart beat like a motherf***er